SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#413300 - 12/19/15 04:04 PM Christmas Peace live with soprano
rosetree
Unregistered

MoXF CP1 piano and orchestral sounds live with a soprano at an Advent event for senior citizens, recorded yesterday (full orchestra coming up in the last chorus). A melancholic tune about Christmas and peace composed by German tenor René Kollo.

https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/weihna...-pianoorchester

#413360 - 12/21/15 07:15 AM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I know this is too classical for some people's taste. The audience consisted of quite a lot of churchgoers, so many liked it. We also mixed such tunes with Swing and Pop ones, I compiled some extracts here, third one is Mary's Boy Child in Boney M style (at 1:38, accompaniment made up from scratch on the MoXF sequencer). However, the soprano's voice is a bit classical for such 70s pop music... Everything played on Yamaha MoXF.

https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/xmas-s...d-odufroehliche

#413471 - 12/22/15 01:37 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Look, if some of you are shy of criticizing the soloist or anything else here, I would at least appreciate some PMs about it. Although I know pretty well with which tunes this singer absolutely shines (e.g. Ave Maria sung in church) and where the audience doesn't like her as much ( quite a number of bridal couples prefer pop singers), I'm always interested in more opinions.

#413473 - 12/22/15 02:00 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well, for this type of music, I don't see how it would get any better. The music is excellent and the singer is spot on. I'm just getting around to listening.
Not my favorite style of music, but then I have very little class. smile
Merry Christmas to you! And thank you for sharing.

#413475 - 12/22/15 02:28 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
rosetree ... unfortunately, it sometimes takes a while before responses come in, and sometimes very few - if any - are posted ...
Obviously the vocalist has an excellent voice, but the music may not fit the 'taste' of many here ...
The first posting is BEAUTIFUL ... nothing more needs to be said ...
However, in the second posting with the mix of songs, the vocals are overpowered by the instrument ...
But thank you for posting ...

#413476 - 12/22/15 02:45 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

The first posting is BEAUTIFUL ... nothing more needs to be said ...
However, in the second posting with the mix of songs, the vocals are overpowered by the instrument ...

Oh, that was due to my recorder being placed right next to the Nano 300, I couldn't place it closer to the singer. The audience heard it differently.
Thanks for your comments!

#413477 - 12/22/15 03:11 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: ]
tony mads usa Offline

It is difficult at best to make a good 'live' recording of both vocals and instruments, unless the recorder is being fed via a mixer where all instruments and vocals are plugged into ... OR, if the vocals are plugged into the KB and the recorder is fed out of the KB ...

#413488 - 12/22/15 04:11 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

That's true. I could have placed it on a stand where the audience area begins, but at first it was a secret recording (now the singer has given her consent to upload it), and the orchestral sounds of the MoXF would have been muddled and by far not as clear as through a mixer of course. And we don't have a mixer, she has her own little high-quality vocal amplifier.

#413492 - 12/22/15 04:22 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: ]
tony mads usa Offline

I also find that the new digital recorders are TOO good, in that they will pick up residual audience noise as well ...

#413496 - 12/22/15 04:46 PM Re: Christmas Peace live with soprano [Re: ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Beautiful, angelic vocals. And I agree with everything my southern mentor, DonM said.

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online