SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#413418 - 12/22/15 01:22 AM 1st Arranger tune...Korg Pa4X "Mary Did You Know"
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Total rookie here to the Arranger World......Brand new Korg Pa4X owner, & to be honest I have never played an Arranger before this week. Yes I bought sight unseen, & really didn't know if an Arranger was a fit for me or not. I just felt it could be a great tool for me.

I will be using the board as a songwriting tool and to perform my songs live. I currently lead worship at the Church where I am the only musician. Up till now I have led the services with Acoustic Guitar & a Triton Extreme. Now I have replaced the Triton Extreme with the Pa4X and will be leading worship with he Pa4X and Acoustic Guitar. So much to remember while playing, but I'm sure in a few months I will adapt.

Anyways I worked out "Mary Did You Know" & had my 22 year old daughter sing it. This was done live just to see what I might be able to do with the board in the future.

"Mary Did You Know"

https://soundcloud.com/stevealtonian/mary-did-you-know

#413426 - 12/22/15 07:09 AM Re: 1st Arranger tune...Korg Pa4X "Mary Did You Know" [Re: Steve A]
Dnj Offline

Steve good luck with your new Korg PA4x its a fine arranger and I'm sure you will learn all its attributes in time....have fun.

#413440 - 12/22/15 09:02 AM Re: 1st Arranger tune...Korg Pa4X "Mary Did You Know" [Re: Steve A]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Piano, bass and drums sound good. Congratulations on your new tool; I know you will enjoy it and benefit from it greatly.
I would bring the volume of the vocal up a bit and add a little reverb to it when you do it next time. However most churches have a lot of natural reverb, so may not be necessary in live use.
Thanks for sharing this!

#413444 - 12/22/15 09:36 AM Re: 1st Arranger tune...Korg Pa4X "Mary Did You Know" [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I think this recording showed off the Pa4X well ... as for the vocal, I agree with what Don said about the volume, and adding some reverb ... also perhaps the key could be lowered a bit for the vocal ...
Was the vocal sent through the Pa4X ?

Wishing you the best with your new KORG ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online