SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#413288 - 12/19/15 01:26 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I guess this means you're not interested in my lightly used hearing aid. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#413289 - 12/19/15 01:44 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Chas, I guess this means you're not interested in my lightly used hearing aid. wink

Gary cool

Depends on what he thinks of the song I just posted. smile

#413296 - 12/19/15 03:17 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
How about this?
Awesome version of Silent Night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc-10aQ2bT0

Ahh Gary, I'd recognize that great baritone of yours anywhere smile , even without the hearing aid. The organ was a little off but your vocals were up to their usual level. Good job. Probably one of the best renditions I've ever heard. Oh, and get that organ tuned. For a minute there I thought it was you that was off.

chas

PS: Don't get mad with me; DonM is a huge agitator smile.

#413304 - 12/19/15 07:01 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I never get mad - I just get even! (I heard that in a movie once.) wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#413305 - 12/19/15 07:15 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

#420805 - 05/01/16 06:03 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: travlin'easy]
Alan-Russell Offline

I exclusively use the Tyros 5. This was an earlier score getting my feet wet with the Tyros 5. Things are progressing.

Alan Russell

#420806 - 05/01/16 06:09 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: DonM]
Alan-Russell Offline

Don..

My live playing days ended in 1984 as I got a secure job with the dept of ed nyc. Now retired..living comfortably. The gigging days as a side and frontman will always be treasured. If I chose to, I could play in a bar with a bass and drummer. Any Borsendorfers around..lol

Alan Russell

#420808 - 05/01/16 06:16 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: Alan-Russell]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Alan-Russell
I exclusively use the Tyros 5. This was an earlier score getting my feet wet with the Tyros 5. Things are progressing.

Alan Russell

Sounds like you have unleashed the inner Doc Severinsen in you.
Very enjoyable. Congrats.
Eddie

#420810 - 05/01/16 07:18 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: travlin'easy]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I just stumbled across this post, even tho’ started last December. My take is that I loved the arrangement. To me, it’s a classic example of easy listening music----the kind for a rainy day, napping, or whatever. The kind I listen to on Music Choice on the TV cable. His selection of lead instruments fit the arrangement well, along with those nice strings in the background. It shows what a high-end arranger can do, if pushed. Wonder how many tracks were overdubbed in the arrangement? Why spend 5 grand on a Tyros 5 and not exploit its abilities? In my own musical interests, I’ve moved beyond 3 chords and a cloud of dust. Given a choice, I want to hear (and play) beautiful tunes and melodies that use slick changes and chord substitutions that make the songs come alive. That’s exactly why I got the T5----for home recording to create the fattest, fullest orchestral arrangements that one person can do, within their limited ability. Personally, I’d like to hear more fully-orchestrated songs like Allen’s recorded with a single arranger----to show the possibilities within one instrument.

#420846 - 05/02/16 01:09 PM Re: Danny Boy, a different approach... [Re: J. Larry]
Alan-Russell Offline

Thank you Larry..everybody has their views. Anyway, I posted my latest score in the Yamaha Arranger's forum..

Alan Russell

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online