SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#413117 - 12/15/15 08:53 AM Korg Pa900 for sale!!
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#413138 - 12/15/15 05:30 PM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: shueymusic]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Johnathan,

This is not meant personally to anyone on this forum.

As I go through the days posts I read a I read that this guy is crazy about his XXXXXX keyboard, he is crazy about it.. The “I love the keyboard” posts go each time I open Synthzone. I finally decide that I want one; I’m ready to buy, and the guy who was posting just finished selling the keyboard he loved.

But I understand, I did the same thing with guitars for many years.

John C.

#413142 - 12/15/15 07:31 PM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: shueymusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John, I never owned a guitar I didn't absolutely love - NEVER! The only reason I sold them, which I did reluctantly, was when I discovered arranger keyboards, the guitars sat in the corner in their cases, never seeing the light of day. After three years, I no longer had any callouses on my fingers, and when I picked up my 12 string one day, it fell as if a cheese slicer just nailed my fingers. At that point, I decided to sell them and stick with the arranger keyboard. I still think about my guitars, though, and yes, I miss them. Hopefully, my six string Ibanez and my 12-string Yamaha have both found better homes.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#413145 - 12/15/15 08:41 PM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: bruno123]
shueymusic Offline

No offense taken here. My keyboard list is long. But I also hang onto keyboards that work well for me. I still use my Yamaha Motif ES7 for church on Sundays. I recorded 200 songs that I use in rotation for a contemporary service. Works great.

I have transitioned into wanting a board with good sounds I can gig with that's not too heavy and can efficiently do what I need. Needs change... Keyboard changes.

Still love the Korg Pa900... But we can't live together anymore. Someone else can enjoy her before her replacement comes along.

I really loved my Korg M1 in 1989... Out grew it by 1993. I still own the replacement... Korg O1/Wfd. Going on 23 years and still a wonderful board. 32 notes of Polyphony was it's curse of being downgraded to a back up To a 1999 Korg Trition.

The need changes, the keys change too!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#413149 - 12/16/15 12:49 AM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: travlin'easy]

Gary, I heard from a wise man –

“Never run from something, better to run to something you like”.

The only time I sold one of my guitars was to buy a batter one. I paid $90 for first guitar; bought and sold until I owned an L5 Gibson, and then moved to a handmade D’Angelico guitar. I bought the guitar for $1,000; ten years later I sold it for $17,000 ---- to move up to a D’Aquesto guitar. My buying and selling roots come from owning a music store in Long Island, New York.

I have bought my share of keyboards and I feel this forum and its temptation are a good part of the reason. I become bored with my keyboard and instead of becoming inventive I’d read about how great the new whatever was.

John C.

PS, Gary I understand going into retirement and having to slow down physically. How about an update on how you are handling your life. I get a little bit of a feeling that your picture with drink in hand does not tell the whole story,

#413156 - 12/16/15 08:20 AM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: bruno123]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Shuey,
Check your PM.
Deane

#413158 - 12/16/15 08:28 AM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: shueymusic]
travlin'easy Offline

John, I must admit that there are times when I miss the helter-skelter schedule that I kept up for so many years. Today, I will be performing at an upscale retirement community at their happy hour. I will perform there once a month until mid April, then I'm putting the sails up on the boat and sailing to Saint Somewhere. I figure on making several extended trips around the mid Atlantic region, stopping when and where I feel like stopping, coming back home when the urge hits me, catching crabs and fish for supper, visiting old friends that I have not seen in many years and smelling the roses before someone is placing them on my casket.

Unfortunately, my wife's bad knees make sailing a daunting task, but I intend to make modifications on the boat to accommodate her problems. I have already installed a complete 3,500-watt DC/AC inverter system so she can use her C-pap machine, a gangway to make getting to and from the pier easier, an entrance gate through the stern rail, and this winter I hope to modify the cabin stairway by making it adjust outward and add hand rails. I might also look into an lift/elevator to replace the stairs, something similar to a handicap lift for a van. I also modified the dinette so that it converts into a queen-size bed with an air mattress.

My health is still shot to Hell, and not likely to improve. My back is in constant pain, I have to wear a back brace most of the time, and sometimes use a cane to walk. My lungs are slowly, but surely getting worse because of the asbestos exposure when I was young, and my digestive tract is still recovering from the effects of C-diff.

Yesterday, I visited some of the senior locations I regularly performed at before I get sick. I made a Christmas CD to give away to friends and relatives and decided to give one to some of the staffers that I've known for many years. They all wanted me to come back and play for the residents again, but I had to turn them down, at least for now. As much as I would love to return to performing, I know that under my current circumstances it's just not possible. Consequently, I only perform once or twice a month, which is a huge contrast to once or twice a day, which was my schedule before I had to retire.

So, when I sail down the ICW next fall, maybe we can get together and jam for a couple hours as I sail through West Palm. I would be nice to meet you in person, and also pick up Eddie Shoemaker along the way when I get to Stuart. From there, I'll sail down to Miami, spend a day anchored up at Marine Stadium, then head south to Boot Key Harbor in Marathon Key, where I'll spend much of the winter. On that trip I also hope to sail to the Dry Tortugas, then back to Rodrigez Key and cross the stream to the Bahamas before heading home again.

Thanks for asking, John,

Gary cool

#413177 - 12/16/15 03:59 PM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: travlin'easy]

“John, I must admit that there are times when I miss the helter-skelter schedule that I kept up for so many years. Today, I will be performing at an upscale retirement community at their happy hour. I will perform there once a month until mid-April, and then I'm putting the sails up on the boat and sailing to Saint Somewhere. I figure on making several extended trips around the mid-Atlantic region, stopping when and where I feel like stopping, coming back home when the urge hits me, catching crabs and fish for supper, visiting old friends that I have not seen in many years and smelling the roses before someone is placing them on my casket”.

Hey Gary, when I first started reading this part of your post I thought; this guy didn’t retire, he went to heaven. You have done well – performed at many places, sailed in places I have only dreamed of, and you have a set of memories that no one can steal. Gary it must end somewhere, you have been given more than your share—and you’re still going. It does not get better.

Lucky you my friend, John C.
Thanks for sharing.

#413178 - 12/16/15 04:08 PM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: shueymusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks John, I really appreciate those comments.

Hope to see you next fall,

Gary cool

#413184 - 12/17/15 05:45 AM Re: Korg Pa900 for sale!! [Re: shueymusic]
shueymusic Offline

We all have a gear habit!! I buy keyboards to use as a tool. Sometimes the tool works as advertised, other times not.

So, let's get the Korg Pa900 sold so I can pay for the Yamaha PSR-S970!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online