SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#412817 - 12/09/15 09:01 PM Royalty to DonM
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Years ago...I can't remember how many...Don recorded a song in his head and called it "Tuffriff". I snagged it. It is an instrumental with a sultry sax. For me and many of my evening gigs it is the perfect piece to play after my last live song.

I keep thinking some ex-stripper is going to hear it and go into action...but that hasn't happened. But I remain hopeful.

So...Now I feel obliged to pay some kind of royalty for the use of Tuffriff. Since I make Florida money, not mid-Atlantic money, I am thinking a dollar a year?

Once Don decides on a rate, I will decide how many years I have been using it.

Eddie

#412820 - 12/09/15 09:35 PM Re: Royalty to DonM [Re: btweengigs]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I really can't take credit for it, as it was stolen-I mean borrowed from sax artist Ace Cannon, from Monroe, LA.
Best I remember I used the Riff feature on Ketron to play and record it.
Check out Ace's music on YouTube.
So you are off the hook Eddie! I would like to hear it though if it's not too much trouble.
I still play it live but lost track of the recording. Ace was pretty big around here.

#412840 - 12/10/15 09:53 AM Re: Royalty to DonM [Re: btweengigs]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
it's on the way.
Eddie

#412938 - 12/11/15 09:22 PM Re: Royalty to DonM [Re: btweengigs]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Don – Ace Cannon may have played a lot around Monroe, LA. However, he lives down the road from me in Calhoun City, MS. They host an annual festival there in his name. I talked to a guy today, who plays with him on occasion.

#412944 - 12/11/15 11:41 PM Re: Royalty to DonM [Re: btweengigs]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, I know he was born in Mississippi, and has retired to there now too. He lived and worked out of Monroe for some years though. It was a while back for sure. I saw him on a number of occasions in clubs around the area.
Glad he is still doing well and playing golf too.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online