SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#412873 - 12/10/15 06:12 PM Sleigh Ride on A Primitive Form of An Arranger
Torch Offline

Here is a retired university professor playing his electronic accordion. I know him personally and I live about 2 hours from him. I use his programming in my accordion,too. Every sound is from the accordion itself and every part is played live. No sequencer or backup involved though I heard people say that the accordion may be considered as the first arranger because you press one chord button and it can play major, minor, diminished, or in some rare cases augmented chords.

I don't contribute much here because I am not much of an arranger player but I like hanging around here because members seem to be very knowledgeable in various areas and also pretty level-headed even in heated religion/politics discussions. I hope you enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1iMEilCPY&list=R
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#412876 - 12/10/15 06:45 PM Re: Sleigh Ride on A Primitive Form of An Arranger [Re: Torch]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I've seen him on YouTube many times before. I really like his musicality. He's very good. I have a weak spot for his "Autumn Leaves":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG10nxA0Tvk

#412878 - 12/10/15 06:57 PM Re: Sleigh Ride on A Primitive Form of An Arranger [Re: Mikem]
KORG80 Offline

Excellent musician! Thanks for calling my attention to his music.

God Bless,
Don

#412881 - 12/10/15 09:54 PM Re: Sleigh Ride on A Primitive Form of An Arranger [Re: KORG80]
Bachus Offline

Great music, simple arrangement, but works just perfectly for the song...

But, i dont see much auto accompaniment inthere..

However, many times to much is just overdone, so this is a great interpretation of one of my christmass favourites..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#412887 - 12/11/15 06:11 AM Re: Sleigh Ride on A Primitive Form of An Arranger [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I believe he is using his Roland BK-7M with this. Really sounds great.
Makes me wish I had kept mine- I didn't know how to get my midi controller
setup with it correctly so I sold it.

Deane

#412896 - 12/11/15 09:33 AM Re: Sleigh Ride on A Primitive Form of An Arranger [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Great music, simple arrangement, but works just perfectly for the song...

But, i dont see much auto accompaniment inthere..

SNIP

If you are referring to Richard's rendition of Sleigh Ride, as I had mentioned in my post there is no arranger, sequencing, or backup involved. Every single sound is from the Roland accordion and every part is played live by Richard.

#412897 - 12/11/15 09:40 AM Re: Sleigh Ride on A Primitive Form of An Arranger [Re: Mikem]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
I've seen him on YouTube many times before. I really like his musicality. He's very good. I have a weak spot for his "Autumn Leaves":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG10nxA0Tvk

Thanks for the link. For some reason, I have never seen this video before. Without saying too much of someone else' personal stuff, I don't think he ever played a job with the BK7m. This was more of an experiment for him with the BK7m. Yet, I enjoyed watching this video clip. He wasn't fighting the arranger but letting it work for and with him - some advice that I heard from an arranger player.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online