SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#412839 - 12/10/15 09:22 AM S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose..
Dnj Offline

#412846 - 12/10/15 12:18 PM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, I cannot speake German, though I wish I could so I could understand what Peter was saying durig the demo. He is so incredibly talented that every time I watch one of these I think I should immediately put my keyboards on Ebay or donate them to the Artificial Reef Program.

The Bose system he was using is the L1 Mod-II, which is absolutely incredible sounding, even in the largest of venues. When I had the older version, the PAS, I was utterly amazed at the size of the venues it easily handled, both indoors and outdoors. Now, before someone comes in with comments about all the components they would have to haul around, take a good look at any conventional sound system, which always includes speaker stands, etc..., and the subsequent setup time. Bose, IMO, beats them in all categories.

Donny, find this one in English, please. I would love to watch it again.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#412849 - 12/10/15 12:52 PM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Really bad sounding final edit. The guy's GREAT. but the bass in the mix is almost non-existent.

I just don't like ANYTHING Bose sells.

YouTube mixes are tricky, because you have to guess at what will be optimum for reproduction on a wide variety of players; most, not very good.

My company would surely have remixed this one. After all, it is supposed to be used to sell musical equipment, and thus, should be produced to a higher standard than normal marketing promotion pieces.

JMO., but I make a good part of my living doing these kinds of
productions.

R.

Don't much like the arranger programming either, but that's another story. It's a Yamaha. I find them to sound pretty "middle of the road", more appropriate for home use than anything else....way more compression than you'd hear live.

Russ

#412859 - 12/10/15 03:14 PM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: Dnj]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
It's Dutch, not German.

#412862 - 12/10/15 03:43 PM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Good find, Donny! You beat me to it! I was out shopping today, so I didn't have a chance to get online. Before you get too excited, I wasn't shopping for an arranger. frown

#412892 - 12/11/15 08:06 AM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Most demos or clinics are dependent to what the sponsoring music store can supply for the event. Looks like the event was held in a gym. They had to bring everything in for the demo/clinic. I hosted several clinics by Yamaha and Korg when I was selling PSR-S900's/Motif ES and XS/Korg Triton Extreme and M3.

1- Top end CVP
2- Tyros 5
3- PSR-S970
Stands and cables

No more room for a semi big Yamaha Sound System. They just brought the Bose because it just fit into the van.

Still fun to watch... Dutch or German or English!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#412895 - 12/11/15 09:23 AM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: shueymusic]
KORG80 Offline

Don't knock the Bose. I use the base model COMPACT. I was entertaining at an assisted living complex staff Christmas party last night. Party was held in a big church hall. The Bose easily outdid the expensive house system. Since using the Bose in many similar venues, I've noticed that many of those systems sound hollow compared to the crisp tight sound output by the Bose. Apparently though, the stereo piano sample suffers with the mono only output from the Bose. Peter should have had two Bose setups. Would still fit easily into the van.
God Bless,
Don

#412899 - 12/11/15 11:37 AM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: shueymusic]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
He is a great player, and I always learn something watching him, however in this video I learned not to wear a scarf and T-shirt on the gig. drink

Jerryghr

#412901 - 12/11/15 12:20 PM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: Jerryghr]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
He is a great player, and I always learn something watching him, however in this video I learned not to wear a scarf and T-shirt on the gig. drink

Jerryghr

Jerry you do come back with some funny comments. I agree the scarf and t-shirt don't cut it, but if I could play as well as he does I'd dress anyway I'd want to. smile

#412902 - 12/11/15 12:49 PM Re: S970 Peter Baartmans using a Bose.. [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

Jerryghr

its a European thing

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online