SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#412669 - 12/06/15 06:20 PM This can't happen!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My grandson, who lives with us, has strep throat, had fever of 102. I cannot get this! Especially at this time of year.
Does anybody want him? I can get him on a bus. He is seven, going on 19.
Yesterday he asked me for help. He told me that he had forgotten how to import a jpg to a Google Doc, and then merge it with a second doc.
I started showing him and he immediately said O.K. I got it now.

#412675 - 12/06/15 10:06 PM Re: This can't happen! [Re: DonM]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Speaking of youth and technology (or what was implied by Don and grandson), I was playing a restaurant tonight. Six teenage girls came in together and sat at a table nearest the stage. I watched as all six immediately pulled out their cell phones and started clicking away, with little talk between them. This went on for some time. Is that funny, sad, pathetic, current state of the culture, or what? I’m sure glad it wasn’t my generation. A few of them did tip the “minnow bucket” as they left. This was a catfish house. Who doesn’t know about catfish?

#412676 - 12/06/15 10:13 PM Re: This can't happen! [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I see that every night! People ordering hundred-dollar dinners and not even looking at their food! And not just the kids either. I have noticed that some of the adults are actually googling the songs I'm playing to see who the original artists were, and to come up with requests. I also have kids come up with their cell phones and want me to play music from them over the p.a. I politely refuse.
My grandson has a domain in the back yard, where he has built a tree house, obstacle course, and rope swing, in the tree adjoining the pool. He spends a lot of time there, but also considerable time with the electronics.
He is seven and testing at nearly fifth-grade level at school. He's way ahead of his class and the teachers are wonderful about it, allowing him to participate in advanced studies.

#412679 - 12/06/15 11:13 PM Re: This can't happen! [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Sounds like an old grandpa bragging about their grandkids doesn't it? I'm blessed to have three great sons and three wonderful grandsons. None has ever been a minute's trouble and they are all doing great in life. What else is there?
smile
Almost forgot to mention I've had three decent wives too, but this last one is a real keeper! 36 years and counting!

#412687 - 12/07/15 06:14 AM Re: This can't happen! [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

We're all doomed.... eek2

Attachments
6af9a3d17967455d87af8d1a49da6a3c.jpg

#412726 - 12/07/15 06:38 PM Re: This can't happen! [Re: Dnj]
KORG80 Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online