SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#412510 - 12/04/15 10:20 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Chas +100

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412513 - 12/04/15 12:32 PM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: cgiles]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: KORG80
Mira,

A person with a true abiding faith in God would be totally incapable of such atrocities.

Wow! This clearly belongs in 'THE BAR', where BS can flourish unchecked.....and it's safe to give a proper response. I think maybe we should just express our sorrow over this tragedy and leave religion the hell out of it. For a nation that has essentially commited genocide on it's native population, enslaved fellow humans, 'nuked' hundreds of thousands in a single instant, deliberately infected it's own (second class) citizens with venereal diseases as part of a medical experiment, terrorized and killed thousands of civilians with drones (I'm a supporter of Obama's social policies but NOT of his drone strikes - too many innocent victims), invaded a country without provocation (and leaving it in tatters), etc., etc., etc., how long are we going to keep saying "God's on our side"? He is? Really? Gosh, no wonder I'm an atheist ("not afraid to burn in hell" - Ron Reagan).

chas

Probably until everything goes up, as Tom Lehrer sang, "in an incandescant glow". Nice prospect, huh?

The sheer bloody stupidity of it is beyond belief. Chas, you're talking too much sense for an old guy. wink

#412525 - 12/04/15 03:56 PM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: 124]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I wonder how many of them are Muslim. I wonder how many of them are Christian although religion never gets mentioned when they're Christian. Isn't that odd?

http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/

Chas and Mirza are right. This has nothing to do with school prayer. Don't you think that if it were effective we'd all be praying?

#412527 - 12/04/15 04:30 PM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: mirza]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mirza
And yes , most of these shootings do have to do a lot with religion. Either they are stupid muslims, or they are stupid christians.

Sure, lets pray. Lets pretend we are doing something, when we are doing absolutely nothing. But at least we feel good about it. And that is all that matter...me me me me me me.....

Here in London churches and catholic schools grow like weed, also McDonald's.Maaybe they could make them as a chain of stores.One poisons your body, the other poisons you mind.

Pew.
1) Stupid Christians or stupid Muslims, but in no case stupid Atheists?
2) The churches poison the mind? Maybe, some fundamentalist ones do, some do the contrary. Have you attended the ones you are talking about to be sure? Or is it generalization? (I'm no friend of the Catholic church). BTW, this terminology, "poison", "weed" ... I wouldn't use such terms to talk about atheists. Beware that violent language can be a predecessor of violent action.
3) "Pray = pretend to do something". People who do it that way haven't considered Jesus saying that what matters are your ACTIONS, not your words.

Edited by rosetree (12/04/15 04:59 PM)

#412535 - 12/04/15 08:52 PM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: ]
KORG80 Offline

Mirza,
You are right about religion and faith. Religion involves all the man made trappings and rituals which have little to do with faith.

God Bless,
Don
P.S. Chas, did Ronald Reagan actually say he was not afraid to burn in hell?

#412536 - 12/04/15 09:01 PM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: KORG80]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: KORG80
P.S. Chas, did Ronald Reagan actually say he was not afraid to burn in hell?

Nope, it was not President Ronald Reagan, but instead, his atheist son made that statement.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#412548 - 12/05/15 08:21 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: travlin'easy]
KORG80 Offline

Thanks Gary, I sincerely hope he's not there yet.

God Bless,
Don

#412555 - 12/05/15 09:13 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Rosetree, it's like you are not even reading what I am trying to say. Sure , take words out of the contents. There are many stupid atheist in this world. And there is also many good and smart religious people. As Richard Dawkins says,"We are all atheists, it's just that some of us go one more god further".
If I told you that I believe and worship Zeus and I also teach my kids to do the same I would probably be considered as a crazy person who is "brainwashing " his children. Why would it be any different with Jesus, or Muhammed or Lord, Allah or Jehwah ?

But anyway who cares at the end.We have more innocent live lost again in the name of religion.
Yet we are still all talking bullshit and trying to justify all rediculousness of this world.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412562 - 12/05/15 11:43 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: rphillipchuk]
rosetree
Unregistered

Well, I took groups of entire sentences, not words, out of your post. So you didn't mean these sentences the way you phrased them? The new churches in London, Ontario are not like weed and do not all poison people's mind? Sorry I didn't read all of what you said in your previous posts

confused

But as everyone is talking bullshit as you say, I'll better ignore everyone's posts...

#412571 - 12/05/15 12:32 PM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: rphillipchuk]
124 Offline

Yep, I'm cool with what I believe, even though it might not jive with conventional 'believers', i.e., in what are commonly referred to as 'organised' religions.

These sorts of topics just go round and round anyway, and I don't need to convince anyone else that my views are better than anyone else's - I don't profess that they are.

I just wish everyone would adopt that stance. I'm sure the world would be better off for it.

Edited by 124 (12/05/15 12:34 PM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online