SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#412461 - 12/03/15 09:09 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: rphillipchuk]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

The world has changed and I cant believe you cant see it. I wonder how old you guys are when you say it hasn't changed
that much. Yes, your entitled to say what you think is right,
Just saying. Lloyd

#412464 - 12/03/15 09:56 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: ]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
The world has changed and I cant believe you cant see it. I wonder how old you guys are when you say it hasn't changed
Just saying. Lloyd

I suppose this breaks a cardinal never to discuss religion or politics but I'll write it anyway.

Lloyd, I share your opinion.

Everyone has a right to what they believe is right.

I know when I was of school age during the late 50s, 60s and early 70s God played a bigger role in the lives of Americans . Now we've removed school prayer and the word God has been removed and we have to be careful that we don't offend anyone .

May those who were killed during this latest round of violence RIP.

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/03/15 10:08 AM)

#412467 - 12/03/15 10:23 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: rphillipchuk]
124 Offline

Yes, everyone does have a right to believe what they think is right. Problems arise when people think the other guy is wrong. I don't get why tolerance Is so hard to accept. I guess for some people it's impossible.

#412481 - 12/03/15 04:49 PM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: Stephenm52]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
Just saying. Lloyd

I suppose this breaks a cardinal never to discuss religion or politics but I'll write it anyway.

Lloyd, I share your opinion.

Everyone has a right to what they believe is right.

I know when I was of school age during the late 50s, 60s and early 70s God played a bigger role in the lives of Americans . Now we've removed school prayer and the word God has been removed and we have to be careful that we don't offend anyone .

May those who were killed during this latest round of violence RIP.

http://ffrf.org/publications/brochures/item/14113-schoolprayer

http://www.familyresource.com/parenting/...-begins-at-home

#412491 - 12/04/15 04:50 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: rphillipchuk]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
People say their opinion, and it doesn't matter that it has nothing to do with the subject. Sure, use all these shootings for your own agendas. What a hell prayers in schools and god in our lives have anything to do with any of these shootings???

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412493 - 12/04/15 06:17 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: mirza]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mirza
People say their opinion, and it doesn't matter that it has nothing to do with the subject. Sure, use all these shootings for your own agendas. What a hell prayers in schools and god in our lives have anything to do with any of these shootings???

It's your opinion that is has nothing to do with the subject. It may have to do with the degree to which basic values are conveyed. As I said in the other thread, religion CAN play a positive role in this respect, even if religion has often been abused. Why do you just say there is no connection to the shootings at all? Is it not allowed to discuss whether there is a connection? It's a mean reproach to say some users here "use" the shootings for their own agendas. Actually a totally inacceptable statement of yours. I don't think it's a fair way of discussing.

Edited by rosetree (12/04/15 06:19 AM)

#412497 - 12/04/15 07:48 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: ]
mirza Offline

Well, what shotting has to do with praying in schools?? It would be nice if they teach about religions in schools and not just one religion. It doesn't matter which one.
And yes , most of these shootings do have to do a lot with religion. Either they are stupid muslims, or they are stupid christians. But we do portray them differently, don't we ??

And let's not mention guns. God forbid, it will makes us less Americans and less christians. And that is much more important than being normal and decent human being.

Sure, lets pray. Lets pretend we are doing something, when we are doing absolutely nothing. But at least we feel good about it. And that is all that matter...me me me me me me.....

Here in London churches and catholic schools grow like weed, also McDonald's.Maaybe they could make them as a chain of stores.One poisons your body, the other poisons you mind.Throw in Walmart in there and it's like Jesus already came back. Haleluya!!!! And we do need to launder money somehow. God approves it anyway. It's much more important than feeding children, or improving curriculum for our kids. Sunday schools is not enough.

We have a great Children Hospital here. But they need to raise the money through some radioton...etc..
Where are the churches than? Maybe if they pray enough kids will miraculously get better. Because god saves them and not those nurses or doctors. Who need them anyway.

Edited by mirza (12/04/15 08:01 AM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412498 - 12/04/15 08:15 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: mirza]
KORG80 Offline

Mira,

A person with a true abiding faith in God would be totally incapable of such atrocities. That.'s all I'm going to say. I'll leave it to you to find out why.

God Bless,
Don

#412505 - 12/04/15 09:04 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: rphillipchuk]
mirza Offline

Don, you are talking about faith and I am talking about religion. Totally two different things.
And where is the line? The whole world is going "Right" so much, there is no middle ground anymore.It doesn't matter if we meet in the middle, it's still too far "right".

You would think that being a good Christian or Jewish or being a good Muslim has anything to do with being a good human being. Maybe that was the original plan with religion, but I doubt.

#412508 - 12/04/15 09:41 AM Re: Tragedy at San Bernardino..... [Re: KORG80]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: KORG80
Mira,

A person with a true abiding faith in God would be totally incapable of such atrocities.

Wow! This clearly belongs in 'THE BAR', where BS can flourish unchecked.....and it's safe to give a proper response. I think maybe we should just express our sorrow over this tragedy and leave religion the hell out of it. For a nation that has essentially commited genocide on it's native population, enslaved fellow humans, 'nuked' hundreds of thousands in a single instant, deliberately infected it's own (second class) citizens with venereal diseases as part of a medical experiment, terrorized and killed thousands of civilians with drones (I'm a supporter of Obama's social policies but NOT of his drone strikes - too many innocent victims), invaded a country without provocation (and leaving it in tatters), etc., etc., etc., how long are we going to keep saying "God's on our side"? He is? Really? Gosh, no wonder I'm an atheist ("not afraid to burn in hell" - Ron Reagan).

chas

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online