SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#412259 - 11/30/15 11:50 AM A very lightweight arranger :)
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#412260 - 11/30/15 12:13 PM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

Roli seaboard...

Requires you to totally relearn playing...

But results can be very sattisfying, tough probably beyound the reach of most any arranger player

http://keyszone.boards.net

#412311 - 12/01/15 09:53 AM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: Bachus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Looks interesting ... also, What is that red-key keyboard in this photo?!
-Jim

#412314 - 12/01/15 10:06 AM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

Korg microkey 37 (red version was an aniversary version)

I have it too. I love it, It is amazing, to play everywhere smile

There is a new version coming very soon ... wireless !

I can't wait to try to play the arranger wireless.

Dan

#412317 - 12/01/15 11:27 AM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - yeah, just read about the MicroKeys "Air" (wireless Bluetooth MIDI keyboards from Korg). I'm especially curious how latency on wireless BT will be - whether it will "feel" just like playing a wired keyboard in terms of how quickly you hear sound when you play a key ...

#412318 - 12/01/15 12:09 PM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

Yes me too... But I think it should probably be good enough

Dan

#412357 - 12/01/15 08:05 PM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: jimlaing]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
Hi - yeah, just read about the MicroKeys "Air" (wireless Bluetooth MIDI keyboards from Korg). I'm especially curious how latency on wireless BT will be - whether it will "feel" just like playing a wired keyboard in terms of how quickly you hear sound when you play a key ...

I have a bi-directional bluetooth midi interface by Quicco Sound. http://www.quicco.co.jp/ It works fine on a keyboard, but just could not handle and get jammed within a few seconds when my Roland midi accordion generated so much midi data on multiple MIDI channels.

The Korg bluetooth midi keyboard is going to be handy to play some nice sounds in IOS devices and even play the only IOS arranger MidiBand,but I don't think bluetooth midi is supported natively by Windows yet.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#412367 - 12/02/15 01:29 AM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: Torch]
DAN.2000 Offline

Roland midi accordion are generating tons of expression messages for the bellows. Maybe if you reduce them or stop them, the bluetooth can handle it?

I think Korg are actually writing a Windows driver to get the midi over bluetooth, and that's why the release date is delayed

Dan

#412406 - 12/02/15 10:19 AM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
Torch Offline

It is good to hear that Korg is working on a midi over bluetooth driver for Windows as I have no intention whatsover to use an Mac.

Yes, my Roland accordion, just like any other midi wind controller, generates a lot of CC #11 data. That's why it has a feature to thin out the amount.

It would be cool to drive a full fledged software based arranger wirelessly. If any of the bluetooth midi devices can not handle my controller, I can always use the WIDI X8 wireless midi. I was never able to choke it while sending a whole bunch of midi data and walking around behind the walls.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#412409 - 12/02/15 11:28 AM Re: A very lightweight arranger :) [Re: Torch]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Torch
It is good to hear that Korg is working on a midi over bluetooth driver for Windows as I have no intention whatsover to use an Mac.

Yes, my Roland accordion, just like any other midi wind controller, generates a lot of CC #11 data. That's why it has a feature to thin out the amount.

It would be cool to drive a full fledged software based arranger wirelessly. If any of the bluetooth midi devices can not handle my controller, I can always use the WIDI X8 wireless midi. I was never able to choke it while sending a whole bunch of midi data and walking around behind the walls.

Microsoft are currently working on integrating Bluetooth Midi into Windows 10 at the request of their customers, therefore in the future it should just become plug & play. (Unlike some of Microsoft’s previous OS, Windows 10 is consumer led)

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online