SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 88 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 87 88 >
Topic Options
#412301 - 12/01/15 05:39 AM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: mirza]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/KYV7KWQ-fY4[/video]

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412303 - 12/01/15 05:57 AM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: mirza]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Very nicely said, Mirza. I agree with every word except "I don't consider myself an atheist". I know in my heart that I am a full-blown Atheist (not an Agnostic - an Atheist without the courage of their convictions smile ). Although I subscribe to many of the basic tenets of most "major????" religions ('feed the hungry', 'love thy neighbor', 'thou shall not kill', etc., etc.), my human, evolved brain just will not allow me to believe in a supernatural being; a concept, maybe, but not the real thing. I also have difficulty understanding how otherwise reasonable and intelligent people can believe in so many implausible things not backed up by one shred of scientific evidence or facts. I do, however, try to be tolerant of those that DO believe, even when that 'tolerance' is not always reciprocal.

While it's true that if we didn't have religion, we'd find some other reason to kill each other, at least we'd eliminate that one thing.

My one big gripe with organized religion is the attempt of one group to impose their will on others; to believe that 'they' know what's best for another group, another race, another culture, another country, the world. Sorry, I'd rather make that decision for myself.

For the record, I DO believe in the possibility that ET's or 'ancient astronauts' may have visited this planet in the past and possibly even given rise to some of the stories/myths/tales/fables/etc. that we find in the Bible and other ancient writings/cave drawings/etc. At least more plausible than 'blind faith', don't you think?

Anyway, like most of the other free thinkers here (not many, for sure smile ), I love (and never tire) of discussing the human condition and our role here on this planet.

Appreciate your input, Bruno. Please continue to participate. No one has a patent on 'the truth', it's just that everyone should find his/her own 'truth' and not allow 'tradition' to dictate what one believes.

chas

#412305 - 12/01/15 07:06 AM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: cgiles]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: cgiles
No one has a patent on 'the truth', it's just that everyone should find his/her own 'truth' and not allow 'tradition' to dictate what one believes.

I think this is a core issue in this thread. Terms like 'brainwashing' suggest that those who still hold on to religion are somehow kept 'superstitious' by others or by how they were raised. At least in the society I live in, many leave church when they are adults even if they were raised being baptized and confirmed, whereas others choose to stay a member of their church. Even if one is raised religiously it doesn't mean one can't put everything into question when growing up, make up one's own mind, and it doesn't necessarily lead to quitting church.

#412319 - 12/01/15 12:40 PM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: ]
mirza Offline

Chas, thank you.
I meant by not being atheist that I am open the possibility that there is actually something. Who knows. I too love watching Ancient Aliens . I also read Chariots Of The Gods by Erich Von Daniken. One of my favorite books is 2001: A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick.

There are many reasons of which I can't follow religion. But I need just this one. In all big religions I have to love god first and the most. More than my kids, more than my whole family . And I fail right away. And what kind of god asks such a thing? It is sick. According to The Bible he did ask Abraham to kill Isak. And as a good Jew Abraham was he obeyed. And as a such a good god as he is he stepped in and saved the boy. What a boy-scout.
A true story: My brother was 6 when I was born. And me being always the way I am (adorable and gorgeous as a little boy can be eek) all attention was on me. And of course no 6 years old can deal with that after all being there all by himself and enjoying family spoiling him. He had a brilliant idea that he told my mom. He said that he need all of the family to love him the most and he will love me with all of his heart.
Well , according to all these religions books our almighty and all powerful god has same kind of thinking as a 6 years old boy. And we are ok with that which just again degrade us as human beings.
My brother grew up to be a brilliant man and is still my best friend.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412347 - 12/01/15 04:18 PM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: mirza]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)

#412353 - 12/01/15 06:17 PM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: Taike]
Taike Offline

Listen to what David's parents say at 12:39. Wow! Such loving parents...

Edited by Taike (12/01/15 06:21 PM)

#412356 - 12/01/15 07:27 PM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: Taike]
Taike Offline

#412369 - 12/02/15 01:50 AM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: Taike]
Taike Offline

#412383 - 12/02/15 07:52 AM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: Taike]
mirza Offline

Originally Posted By: Taike

Listen to what David's parents say at 12:39. Wow! Such loving parents...

Wow.. And that is why I can't do religion.

#412384 - 12/02/15 08:07 AM Re: VERY POWERFULL!!!!!!!! [Re: mirza]
Taike Offline

I've actually met quite a few people that'd been disowned by their families for not following the family's belief. So much for free agency.

Page 20 of 88 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 87 88 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online