SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#412126 - 11/27/15 11:21 AM Strange problems connecting new Harman speakers
rosetree
Unregistered

Just bought Harman Kardon Omni 20 and 10 speakers, as there were some great special offers as they are running out.
They are wireless and also have line-in, so like i have often done it with many small consumer speakers, I wanted to connect them to my MoXF.
No problem as long as I connect one of the speakers directly to the phones out (stereo mini jack cable).
But using the left/right out with a Y-cable (one end 2x big mono jack, other end stereo mini jack, like I do with all my small Bose etc.speakers), the sound is completely distorted even at low volumes.
Likewise, if I use the phones out and switch an audio splitter in between in order to connect both Omni 20 and Omni 10 (again stereo each), the same distortion starts again.
With another way of connecting I even had one speaker play normally (a clear trumpet sound) and the other one only rendering the reverb (the echo of the trumpet in low volume). Never had such strange problems. Does anyone have a clue what this could be?

Edited by rosetree (11/27/15 11:41 AM)

#412138 - 11/27/15 01:13 PM Re: Strange problems connecting new Harman speakers [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Could be an mismatched impedance issue low/high/.. or are these used or refurbished?
what kind of bass do you get with such a tiny speaker..?
do you have a return policy?

Attachments
12301486_1068888203151277_4715108265411641792_n.jpg

#412140 - 11/27/15 01:27 PM Re: Strange problems connecting new Harman speakers [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I guess it is an impedance issue, yes.
The bass is incredible, powerful and deep down to 53 Hz. There's an additional passive bass radiator on the back. Outshines the Bose speakers of that size with respect to bass.
Yes, I can return them within 14 days, maybe I will, but I'm going to try some other types of adapters and cables via headphone out first. (But it isn't a faulty cable, I rechecked that).

Edited by rosetree (11/27/15 01:31 PM)

#412144 - 11/27/15 01:37 PM Re: Strange problems connecting new Harman speakers [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I guess it is an impedance issue, yes.
The bass is incredible, powerful and deep down to 53 Hz. There's an additional passive bass radiator on the back. Outshines the Bose speakers of that size with respect to bass.
Yes, I can return them within 14 days, maybe I will, but I'm going to try some other types of adapters and cables via headphone out first. (But it isn't a faulty cable, I rechecked that).

Good Luck....keep us posted

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online