SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#411896 - 11/24/15 08:12 AM Space Station3 Demonstration
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I really think a lot of you people are missing the boat on this great unique speaker system. I use it exclusively now and get very positive feedback, even over the Bose.

Here is the link to the new demo by the inventor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzPCYg5QA0c&feature=youtu.be

#411898 - 11/24/15 08:20 AM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Of course they want to sell them with these demos......I thought about them...but when Don M sent it back that's all I had to know. additionally there's a solo act in a Mexican restaurant nearby that plays guitar & sings with one of these amps and each time we go there he is performing. The sound to my ears is as if you were in a spacious tunnel, very cavernous ambient sound, as if you turned up your re-verb all the way. It might have it's uses for who knows what? But not my cup of tea or do I have any use for it in my setup. I'm sure a few others might enjoy it.

Thanx for posting

#411904 - 11/24/15 08:39 AM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
The sound to my ears is as if you were in a spacious tunnel, very cavernous ambient sound, as if you turned up your re-verb all the way.
Thanx for posting

Could it have been how the performer had it set up? ...

YEARS ago, when I was still playing accordion, I went to hear a group with the sax player in our band ... the accordion player had the exact set up I had - SANO accordion and SANO 'Stereo' amp, but it sounded very 'tinny' ... they asked me and the sax player to sit in, and I adjusted the sound of the amp to suit me ... after a couple of songs the accordion player commented on how good the accordion sounded ... I told him I had made a number of adjustments ... when he went to play, he changed all the settings back to where he had them ... ??? confused1

#411906 - 11/24/15 08:48 AM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Dnj
The sound to my ears is as if you were in a spacious tunnel, very cavernous ambient sound, as if you turned up your re-verb all the way.
Thanx for posting

Could it have been how the performer had it set up? ...

YEARS ago, when I was still playing accordion, I went to hear a group with the sax player in our band ... the accordion player had the exact set up I had - SANO accordion and SANO 'Stereo' amp, but it sounded very 'tinny' ... they asked me and the sax player to sit in, and I adjusted the sound of the amp to suit me ... after a couple of songs the accordion player commented on how good the accordion sounded ... I told him I had made a number of adjustments ... when he went to play, he changed all the settings back to where he had them ... ??? confused1

Tony I trust Don Mason just sayin.. wink

#411916 - 11/24/15 10:58 AM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: Dnj]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
These Space Station amps are way underpowered. Probably not bad for small rooms or venues. It still uses conventional speakers. Speakers are still directional with a limited degree range where sound is projected. In a small room you are going to hear the sound no matter where you are, but the game changes as the environment gets bigger and more complex.

From the older post explaining this centre point technology, supposedly one speaker is set at 90 degrees and they are purposely set completely out of phase to each other. Want to kill a sound, just set your speakers out of phase. Supposedly because of a processor separating the differences in the stereo signal there is no phase cancelation effect, but in my estimation and thought, any stereo DSP effect would be totally mutilated from the phase shift.

It still believe in running stereo powered speakers, and granted some people will be out of the sweet spot, but nothing replaces a clean and adequately powered full range system. Even running a mono Bose compact system with a sub should easily out perform this small amp system beyond the small room scenario.

Marcus

#411931 - 11/24/15 02:43 PM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: Bernie9]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I don't think it was ever meant to cover a large room. It is called a "monitor" by the inventor. Seems like guys in loud bands use it to fill the stage so they and they're bandmates can all hear the keys evenly.. They then run a line out to the FOH system.
A lot of others doong jazz or smaller gigs are thrilled using it alone or with a small sub. Even organ trio players like it so it must be as least as loud as a leslie.
I've never heard one but the reviews are more than interesting to me. Never seen such a response for anything music gear related.

#411933 - 11/24/15 02:46 PM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: Bernie9]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My experience (and you can look in up by searching) was that it sounded good out in the audience, but not good enough for me on stage. Also it needed a powered sub bass cabinet to sound good.
It didn't cover the room like the Bose, but not everybody wants that. It just wasn't for me; doesn't mean it won't be great for you.

#411934 - 11/24/15 02:50 PM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
I don't think it was ever meant to cover a large room. It is called a "monitor" by the inventor. Seems like guys in loud bands use it to fill the stage so they and they're bandmates can all hear the keys evenly.. They then run a line out to the FOH system.
A lot of others doong jazz or smaller gigs are thrilled using it alone or with a small sub. Even organ trio players like it so it must be as least as loud as a leslie.
I've never heard one but the reviews are more than interesting to me. Never seen such a response for anything music gear related.

Buy one with a return policy .....50/50 you'll like it cool2

#411935 - 11/24/15 03:13 PM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: Bernie9]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's what I did. One of the few things I've ever returned...

#411936 - 11/24/15 03:23 PM Re: Space Station3 Demonstration [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
That's what I did. One of the few things I've ever returned...

frown

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online