Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#411712 - 11/19/15 10:29 AM PA4X bug list
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This is some of what is being posted on Korg forum:

After a few days of using PA4x found so far several bugs/problems:

1.Pads are locked in Global,and saved 4 constant pads on " My setting" for start up ,but,after restart, these pads are not the ones selected and memorized,and volume- eq -fx values ,too. - Conclusion - Pad lock function does not working properly.

2.No individual Songbook entry delete option (only initialize Songbook option - wipes whole Songbook )

3.Can not write current style/kbd set/voice preset in Songbook (Book Edit 1 - Write current ) if other style is selected for that song. It can be only saved as new song

4. Voice preset lock option is missing. Voice preset randomly goes on user preset 1 when changing kbd set. There is "Global" check box in Mic tab on main menu screen but after changing style , that Global checkbox always reset to "checked"

5.Found compatibility issues -pa3x styles to pa4- some parameters pa4x did not loaded exactly as they were in pa3x ( Mixer - master fx values for some styles)

6. Compatibility issues with converting Pa3x performances to Pa4x keyboard set - some parameters did not load exactly as they were on pa3x (Master FX values in Mixer menu)

7.Tried to delete random style in Direct style SET which is located on storage internal labeled "DISK" (KORG DISK) and style couldn't be deleted, says "device generic error" . Worked after keyboard restart.

8.Scroling Effect with finger is randomly working, most of the tries and time doesn't work ... Searching for right Insert FX is not easy now...Only work fine when listing effects with wheel ,touch is not working properly .

9. Display font and graphics are not sharp, very bad feeling for my eyes. I am wearing glasses and this is not very pleasant experience,especially when we do not have Songbook editor,styles are not loaded correctly from previous models (explained above) and I spending now hours with Pa4x watching in that display...Not convenient at all.

That's it for now,after 2 days effective usage...Probably will find more. Waiting for new and improved OS

Please correct the image resolution.
Everything is blurred.
The screen has a high resolution and the image is low

MIDI to MP3 recording to storage KORG HD at 126 BPM MP3 was recorded up to 23 measure. As if the recording starts after 23 measures. While the recording was started first and then play midi !!

MP3 song is not complete. Missing 00:00 to 00:38 seconds!

I'm sure most if not all, plus other problems will be addressed in OS update. It won't take as long as the Ketron update. smile

#411717 - 11/19/15 12:39 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don thanx for sharing this.....I Know as in the past KORG is on the case big time to fix these and what ever comes up in the future ASAP...but, what I want to know is why don't they do more extensive testing before release instead of having the buyers find all these bugs and become the Guinea pigs? confused1

Edited by Dnj (11/19/15 01:00 PM)

#411718 - 11/19/15 12:46 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

That's a great question!

#411722 - 11/19/15 01:44 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: Dnj]
Rfinnshw Offline

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Don thanx for sharing this.....I Know as in the past KORG is on the case big time to fix these and what ever comes up in the future ASAP...but, what I want to know is why don't they do more extensive testing before release instead of having the buyers find all these bugs and become the Guinea pigs? confused1

Donny, my sentiments exactly! A lot of us are performing in front of live audiences and don't have the luxury of do a "reset" while the dance floor is packed etc.

Ron

#411723 - 11/19/15 02:09 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

I have to say for the most part thru the years YAMAHA Arranger KB's have held up gig after gig with outstanding performance.

#411724 - 11/19/15 02:29 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I never had a Yamaha arranger keyboard fail at any time. Thousands of jobs, thousands of moves in and out of the van, setting up and tearing down and never experienced a single hiccup. That's one Hell of a track record.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#411725 - 11/19/15 03:03 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Well, you all have short memories. I've never any a Korg or Roland fail either, but plenty of hiccups on all brands, including Yamaha.
They had VH parameters wrong on the PSR2000 and never corrected them, although they emailed a full-page work-around so you could sort of make it work as it was supposed to.
They had multiple screen failures with PSR S900.
I can dig up more, but I remember these right off.

#411726 - 11/19/15 03:13 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You're right, my memory is shot to Hell, and back when I was using the PSR-2000 I didn't use their vocal processor because it didn't sound nearly as good as the Digitech VR that I purchased from one of the synthzone members.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#411730 - 11/19/15 03:50 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The more complex something is, the more difficult it is to isolate bugs. (Windows 10 had over 5 million testers over 8 months (Not including the Microsoft development team) to iron out any bugs before launch, yet there were still some users that had initial problems with it, which required updates to fix)

One of the reasons medical and military equipment is so expensive is because of the amount of time taken to test, however I doubt many keyboard owners would want to spend 10 times the amount they already pay for a keyboard just to guarantee everything is totally spot on at launch.

Bill

#411731 - 11/19/15 05:10 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: abacus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Don, Thanks for posting those bugs!

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Donny, From what I've seen some tech companies have a tendency to rush products to market it's all about he bottom line, not sure about Korg................but....... slow to market equals lost sales, especially going into November and December.

#411736 - 11/19/15 09:54 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

There doesn't seem to be much major wrong. I'm sure they'll fix it quickly. They normally do. A couple of Korg guys monitor the forum over there and are quick to respond.

#411751 - 11/20/15 09:01 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Korg arrangers and Ketron are both made in Italy. Italian companies launching products w/o full testing has been going on for years. Even General Music ! They know they can send OS updates.

Edited by DanO1 (11/20/15 09:03 AM)

#411778 - 11/21/15 04:53 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I believe Ketron and General Music had the excuse of being very small companies, where the staff, engineers, designers, are sometimes the same person, so to get a product out, there are a few things that probably get missed. But a company like Korg, should never have the same amount of issues when first launched, especially a product that is another version of an existing product. But that all said, the only way to truely find out whats wrong is to get it into the hands of the users, because everyone uses them differently and will find out things that others would never.

#411787 - 11/21/15 08:20 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: frankieve]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By: frankieve
I believe Ketron and General Music had the excuse of being very small companies, where the staff, engineers, designers, are sometimes the same person, so to get a product out, there are a few things that probably get missed. But a company like Korg, should never have the same amount of issues when first launched, especially a product that is another version of an existing product. But that all said, the only way to truely find out whats wrong is to get it into the hands of the users, because everyone uses them differently and will find out things that others would never.

Korg is good about staying on top of things like this. I expect they will have an update soon.

#411795 - 11/21/15 09:02 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

first update after release is usually the big one that players detect & beta testers never find....but KORG is reputable and will fix the problems for sure.

#411800 - 11/21/15 10:00 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
There doesn't seem to be much major wrong. I'm sure they'll fix it quickly. They normally do. A couple of Korg guys monitor the forum over there and are quick to respond.

How many bugs where there in Yamahas and rolands latest released instruments?

Overall despite claiming to be a professional company, Korg Italy and Ketron never proofed to be able to release the same reliabillity as Yamaha and Roland... Its just a fact...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#412078 - 11/26/15 01:35 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: Bachus]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Yamahas tend to be pretty bug-free, because historically Yamaha has been very conservative about adding new features. Regarding the Tyros 5, a lot of folks griped that the sound creator functionality was moved from the keyboard to a complementary PC software, which wasn't available until a year or so after launch. The only really "new" feature was Ensemble mode. And I haven't used that enough to know if it has any serious bugs.

My experience is that Korg does a much better job addressing bugs/deficiencies than Roland (which just seems to move on to the next model.) For example, when folks rightfully complained about the deletion of the 'Fingered 3' chord recognition mode in the PA900, Korg added it back. Meanwhile, I'm still hanging onto an old Roland E-50, because the style creation work-flow on every subsequent model is buggy and less stable. Perhaps the E-50 is better because it re-used the G-70's operating system, which had already benefitted from 3 major upgrades.

I'm not in the market for another TOTL arranger, but I would give Korg a month or two to sort things out with the Pa4X. And I really hope Roland has invested some time in software quality control with its forthcoming E-A7. I'm looking forward to trying that board!

#412081 - 11/26/15 02:55 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I take credit for the fingering 3 mode being reinstated on Korg! Can't believe they left it off in the first place, but at least they listened and made it right.
Similar issue with Ketron SD7, and they addressed it, after five months.

#412109 - 11/27/15 07:24 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: TedS]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Hbb
Originally Posted By: TedS
Yamahas tend to be pretty bug-free, because historically Yamaha has been very conservative about adding new features. Regarding the Tyros 5, a lot of folks griped that the sound creator functionality was moved from the keyboard to a complementary PC software, which wasn't available until a year or so after launch. The only really "new" feature was Ensemble mode. And I haven't used that enough to know if it has any serious bugs.............

"Yamaha has been very conservative about adding new features"?
Well, how did Yamaha create the worlds best and most advanced TOTL arrangers...through very conservative measures? The Tyros 5, even after a couple of years is still the top arranger keyboard in the world, and Yamahs presently holds the top spot in the mid-range arrangers and most advanced new features with the latest PSR offerings.

Every new arranger, regardless of brand, has minor bugs that are quickly corrected in most cases. All my Tyros 4 Custom a Voices and Drum Kits worked right away with the initial version of the Tyros 5 YEM. Definitely a lapse of judgement from Yamaha removing the onboard voice creator program from the Tyros 4. The issue was corrected with a firmware and YEM update schedule. Voice and drum kit creation is fully functional and actually is easier within the YEM software.

The Tyros 5 certainly has more new features beyond just the Ensemble mode. Audio styles, audio multipads, time stretch technology, new SA(2) voices, Organ World, new amp and DSP effects to name a few. The Ensemble feature has always been bug free from the start, and one of the best new features. You get what you pay for.

Marcus

#412110 - 11/27/15 07:32 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
Please correct the image resolution.
Everything is blurred.
The screen has a high resolution and the image is low

How can something like that ever pass any inspection?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#412127 - 11/27/15 11:42 AM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: lahawk]
Bachus Offline

Seems like with Korg products its not a good idea when being an early adapter... I would stay away from them for a few more months, till they are reliable and stable...

Seems only Roland and Yamaha build arrangers that work perfectly from the moment they are released...

So many bugs, people,complaining on Korg forums that the instrument in its current stated is not reliable enough to take to a gig, also many features are still missing.. I think its unforgiven for a company that pretends to build arrangers for proffesional players and not for the home market.

But in give or take six months all will be well and forgotten..

Edited by Bachus (11/27/15 11:44 AM)

#412131 - 11/27/15 12:48 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

... and even Yamaha is on version 1.04 with the S970. Mostly minor things though.

#412152 - 11/27/15 10:54 PM Re: PA4X bug list [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
... and even Yamaha is on version 1.04 with the S970. Mostly minor things though.

True, but i think it released with 1.03

Anyway... i havent seen a single topic ever of Yamaha owners indicating that their instrument is unfit and unreliable for gigging..

Its not minor things currently on PA4x..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online