SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4110 - 04/23/03 08:48 AM Connecting keyboard (PSR2000) to PC (Creative Audigy2 Platinum) ?
Mino Offline

Hi all,
I am using a Yamaha PSR2000 keyaboard and want to record my songs on my PC. Can Creative Audigy2 Platinum sound card record songs? Because this sound card has an external panel which analog RCS inputs. Can I connect my keyboard by these connections? And If I can record the song in real time, what will be its format? Will it be editable? I mean will I be able to edit my song on computer?

Is there any other way to do this? Please help me.

Thank you.

#4111 - 04/24/03 07:54 PM Re: Connecting keyboard (PSR2000) to PC (Creative Audigy2 Platinum) ?
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
Yes to all those questions.

-you need audio connection from keys2card
-recording software

you probably have software with the audigy i would think but its editing and recording might be dodge, and the connection is just quarter inch to RCA around 10bucks US?

#4112 - 04/26/03 07:27 AM Re: Connecting keyboard (PSR2000) to PC (Creative Audigy2 Platinum) ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Mino,
Thanks for dropping in man! Hey Jiddu's right you can do all that stuff! cool eh? but watch out! Make sure you are not putting too much input from the PSR into the "front end" of the sound card. Youll blow that sucker to Smitherenes if you are not careful to use the right connections and stasrt out with the output set Low low low! Work your way up in signal until you know it's safe. It's one smart way to keep from damaging valuable stuff!
Post some more!
See Ya!
MORPH!

#4113 - 04/30/03 03:21 AM Re: Connecting keyboard (PSR2000) to PC (Creative Audigy2 Platinum) ?
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
..and watch out for that Morph guy he's awfully helpful.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online