SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#411249 - 11/12/15 09:07 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
We'll make it work. On a couple of occasions Paul has made the arduous journey to Shreveport to see me. I have recordings of him and his wife at Ernest's!

Sounds Good Don...... we'll talk l8tr..

PS Don,maybe you could post some of those videos here on SZ fro us via You Tube upload?

Edited by Dnj (11/12/15 09:08 AM)

#411250 - 11/12/15 09:13 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: tony mads usa]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Paul ... beautiful job on a beautiful song ...
I find the song doesn't 'lay' right for me on keyboard ... the fingering seemed to flow better when I played it on the Cordovox ... horizontal vs. vertical ?!? ...

Paul, have you closed your web site? ... I have not been able to access it and when I 'google' El Grupo Cache I get a different group ...

Hi Tony, thank for your kind words! I play Wave in D, but have also played it in G and C. It is a bit award but I guess I got used to it... It just a matter of working out fingering, and when to the thumb crosses over.

Yes, we closed the website. We are on Face Book though.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#411252 - 11/12/15 09:22 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Paul ... beautiful job on a beautiful song ...
I find the song doesn't 'lay' right for me on keyboard ... the fingering seemed to flow better when I played it on the Cordovox ... horizontal vs. vertical ?!? ...

Paul, have you closed your web site? ... I have not been able to access it and when I 'google' El Grupo Cache I get a different group ...

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache/?fref=ts

#411269 - 11/12/15 05:57 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Paul, I both sing and play The Wave. Next time I get a chance, I'll post my rendition. Don't let Boo listen to it, though. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#411270 - 11/12/15 06:05 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Would love to hear it Gary.... Such A Kool song. Do you do it Bossa or transform it?

#411278 - 11/13/15 03:48 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes Gary, I'd love to hear you version.

Here's a fantastic version arranged by Tito Puente with the Count Basie Orchestra featuring "La India" on vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9nFtytRJfo

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#411283 - 11/13/15 06:23 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Tito has always been one of my Latin music heroes.

Gary cool

#411307 - 11/13/15 01:25 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Paul, I just got home from physical therapy, my back is killing me, I took an M&M (Margaretta and Morphine) so there may be some slurring in my speech.

Now, for some strange reason, I've never been able to get people off their arses to dance to any Bossa song that I perform using a great Bossa Nova style, either third party of from the keyboard. I never understood that. However, when I perform the same song using a Rumba style, the dance floor mysteriously fills with dancers. Not sure why this happens.

Anyway, here's my rendition of The Wave mistakes and all. And, obviously, I do not play it in the Jobin chords, because it's out of my vocal range.

All the best,

Gary cool

#411309 - 11/13/15 02:27 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Gary... I gotta give you an A for effort!!! You got the jist of it.... I think with a few chord changes you're gonna be fine.... I like the Rhumba groove.... Thanx

#411314 - 11/13/15 02:55 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, thanks for the kudos, and I know that there should be some more minors in there. At this stage, though, I'm not gonna take the time to add them into the rendition. My playing days are very, very limited at this point, and after the end of the year, I'm pretty much out of the game altogether. The pain is such in my back that after a couple hours playing I cannot function well at all. Those M&Ms can really F-up your motor skills and mind, but they sure help alleviate the pain. smile

Thanks for listening, and don't let Boo know I posted this, wink

Gary cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online