Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#411082 - 11/09/15 04:26 AM Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi-ya Guy's

It's make your mind up time duel

Voicelive Touch 2 + the MP-75 mic (Super cardiod).

https://app.box.com/s/qasgffw8egxkhxzx6rqxgcb4mgvqlnvy

Digitech Vocalist live FX + the AKG D5(Super cardiod).

https://app.box.com/s/9ea0e10beohv71ym0s9t3s9zlz2hxx3o

Since I've just bought 2 Live FX's and the VLT 2 is on Ebay along with the MP-75 mic I hope you like the Digitech.

The VLT is certainly sharper but it tends to be a touch to edgy in a live performance.

Col

#411084 - 11/09/15 04:40 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Col good luck whatever you choose..

#411086 - 11/09/15 05:50 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The Digitech, hands down - and I'm not being biased here. The harmonies are just cleaner and more natural (IMO).

chas

#411092 - 11/09/15 09:27 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I also think the digitech sounds better, but that said, I also think the volume setting of the digi harmonies are higher than the TC, allowing the harmonies to come through better ...
I think the real test would be to really lower the mp3 volume, make certain all fx and other settings are the same for both units, then lower the lead voice volume so that the VH can really be heard ... of course this is not how one would use the VH in a live or studio setting, but I think this will truly allow you to judge the two units ...

#411093 - 11/09/15 09:33 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Definitely the Digitech. Very real sounding.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#411098 - 11/09/15 12:05 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Guy's

Interesting comments, unfortunately I can't re-do the VLT2 recording as it's all packed up ready to go (EBay), in any case it's very difficult to get the balances absolutely equal but to my ears, old though they be, the Digitech does sound more natural. I have in the past recorded the VLT2 harmony voices separately and I have to say without the lead voice they do sound very robotic. I haven't found a way to separate the lead and harmony voices on the Digitech yet, if I can I will post the result.

I have just bought another AKG D5 so my back up's are now complete.

2 mic's, 2 tablets, 2 harmonizers, 2 amps so in all likely-hood I will never need them.

Col

PS: Just checked the manual there is no way to adjust the lead level or the lead and harmony voice panning (budget model). It would appear that the harmony effect is a relatively simple one, the main concentration seems to be on the vocal effects, reverb, delay, compression, de-essing etc.

Edited by Saswick (11/09/15 12:41 PM)

#411100 - 11/09/15 12:51 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick

2 mic's, 2 tablets, 2 harmonizers, 2 amps so in all likely-hood I will never need them.

Col

Uhh, that makes it way too easy for God to play a cruel practical joke and disable the one thing that's not backed up - YOU. smile smile

Naw, just kidding, He wouldn't do that.......or would he?

Jokingly,

chas

#411102 - 11/09/15 01:50 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
The whole setup with Digitech sounds better. Now is how it's all setup or one unit is better than the other one I don't know. I do like Digitech harmonies.
Also maybe play with that reverb some more. Give it some more predelay and if you can eq it a little bit on both units. Take the lows a little bit more. That other recording that you posted few days ago sounded better.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#411104 - 11/09/15 02:07 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: cgiles]
Saswick Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Saswick

Col

Uhh, that makes it way too easy for God to play a cruel practical joke and disable the one thing that's not backed up - YOU. smile smile

Naw, just kidding, He wouldn't do that.......or would he?

Jokingly,

chas

No kidding Chas as you can see I like to double up on everything I even contrived to fall foul of Bowel Cancer, TWICE. If a job's worth doing smile

Mirza: Still playing with the setting's, the previous recording used the same setting's but was recorded in "Mono".

Col

#411105 - 11/09/15 02:10 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

God got even with me a long time ago. I got old much faster than I should have (or wanted to),now I'm retired and somewhat crippled up. But, all my gear is backed up! wink Now I have to sell all those damned backups on Ebay.

Gary cool

#411108 - 11/09/15 02:30 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: travlin'easy]
KORG80 Offline

I've been trying to convince you all of the quality of Digitech harmonies for quite a while. At one point I had my Digitech Vocalist 4 (rented at that time) right beside the expensive Helicon unit. I was able to do a side by side comparison and the Digitech won hands down. And, oh by the way I saved myself $800 by going with the Digitech.

God Bless,
Don

#411113 - 11/09/15 03:27 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
cgiles Offline

Wow, now I'm starting to feel like a genius for snagging mine for $99.00 on SDOTD at Musician's Friend.

chas

#411124 - 11/09/15 05:25 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: cgiles]
KORG80 Offline

Can't beat that Chas!
God Bless,
Don

#411128 - 11/09/15 06:00 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
cgiles Offline

Now I'm waiting for the next miracle, that suddenly I can sing smile smile.

chas

#411131 - 11/09/15 07:06 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 Vs Digitech Live FX [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

You may have to get some surgery first - that's what DonM did. wink

Gary cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online