SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#411091 - 11/09/15 09:07 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Gary. I'm with you...stay well clear of FACEBOOK.
Why would I want other to know about my daily life.

#411094 - 11/09/15 09:46 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Graham UK]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Tried to get onto Paul's web site, but 'Server Not Found' ... tried to 'google' the name of his band "El Groupo Cache", but got a different group ... ?!?

#411095 - 11/09/15 09:56 AM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I find Facebook pretty neat. I can keep up with my grand kids in another state, who have new photos almost daily, connect with old friends with whom I'd lost track, see neat videos from other performers :), etc.
If you don't want others to know stuff, just don't post it. And you can also select settings for varying degrees of privacy.
Bottom line though: if you don't want the world to know it, don't post it!

#411099 - 11/09/15 12:22 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I find Facebook pretty neat. I can keep up with my grand kids in another state, who have new photos almost daily, connect with old friends with whom I'd lost track, see neat videos from other performers :), etc.
If you don't want others to know stuff, just don't post it. And you can also select settings for varying degrees of privacy.
Bottom line though: if you don't want the world to know it, don't post it!

DITTO!! clap Don....FB is one of the the koolest things keeps me in touch with so many people world wide, business and pleasure,.... and I choose my own security settings also....one of the greatest ideas that will be around for a very long time. Imo anyone not using facebook is missing out. To each his own.

#411101 - 11/09/15 01:35 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I want to see my grandson in person, my kids in person, and then we can do things together, which is how we currently interact. Next thing you know people will be attending weddings and funerals via Facebook. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#411103 - 11/09/15 02:00 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

That's cool if they are close enough to visit. I do my best to avoid wedding and funerals! Especially my own. smile

#411106 - 11/09/15 02:14 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

They're always close enough to visit. They came to visit while I was in the Florida Keys for the winter, and it was a 1,200 mile drive. They stayed for a week, we had lots of fun, then they had to go home to the land of freezing rain and snow, which they did NOT want to do. smile

Gary cool

#411110 - 11/09/15 02:48 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
That's cool if they are close enough to visit. I do my best to avoid wedding and funerals! Especially my own. smile

exactly Don,.... I keep in touch world wide with friends and family FB makes it so easy.

#411115 - 11/09/15 03:53 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

It's not that much different from posting on all these forums except broader scale.

#411119 - 11/09/15 04:32 PM Re: SZ member Paul Blood playing Jobim... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Yeah, but you have to admit it was more fun when we all got together in person at Ernest's and had a jam session than posting songs here. smile

Gary cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online