SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#411201 - 11/11/15 08:12 AM Re: Bose F1 [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The Centerpoint did fill the room just fine. I didn't like the way it sounded on stage. I much prefer the Bose to it. A lot of people love it though.

#411202 - 11/11/15 08:18 AM Re: Bose F1 [Re: guitpic1]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
So now he can say he's a 1 % er and join an outlaw biker club LOL

I'm not qualified to judge the Spacestaion as I've never played through one but I am amazed at all the attention its gotten.

I will say I've heard preformers a few times thru Bose systems and they seem "middy" to my ears. Not enough crispness on top and not enough solid bottom. Two times in particular I did walk around the room. And one time outside on a deck. You could hear it but no real definition. Perhaps it sounded fine to then but in the back of the room I think it lost something. Thats just me, not knocking any one who loves them
I do remember a DJ with and excellent sound at a party but it was the old Bose stuff with double subs. A ton of stuff.

#411204 - 11/11/15 08:42 AM Re: Bose F1 [Re: Bill Lewis]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
We play mostly smaller rooms, 30 - 100 folks. We still use our Bose Compacts most of the time. Never had a problem with too little bass end...usually have the opposite problem of too much bass...if anything.

If this solo gig thing of mine keeps up, I may start using the Nano 300 again...nice sound, just more EQ fiddling than I like.

Regarding the F1, hope someone gives us their review at some point. I am curious about this unit for larger gigs.

#411214 - 11/11/15 11:37 AM Re: Bose F1 [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Seven years of using the Bose systems, never had a system failure, and every audience loved what they heard. Never had a problem with too little bottom end or too little high end - maybe the person that you heard, Bill, didn't know how to EQ the Bose system. The vast majority of musicians, especially arranger keyboard players, I've come across over the past 50 years don't know squat about sound systems. But that's just my experience. Others may vary in this respect.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#411215 - 11/11/15 12:34 PM Re: Bose F1 [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I have to agree with Gary. As for the relatively high cost of Bose; For me it is worth the extra $ for their service.
As soon as Bose came out with the L1 system I purchased it (now called the classic). When they were first introduced the units were only available through Bose and they offered a 90 day trial period. After a year or so, I had a tech problem, called Bose and a tech rep spent several hours on the phone with me. It was determined that we couldn’t solve the problem via phone and he asked and I told him that I needed it in 2 days. I had a new unit delivered before my next gig and UPS took the old unit at that time. Well, sometime after that (and after the warranty ran out) the same thing happened and they immediately sent another unit, an upgrade to the Model 1 at no charge. After speaking to Bose and hashing the problems out on the Bose forum ( and before I knew about power conditioners) it was determined that using a surge protector on some restaurant gigs was the problem. It seems that the SURGE protectors do just that, but in some smaller restaurants, when the refrigeration compressors kick in, there can be a dramatic reduction in the surge and that can damage electronics, and that seems to be what the problem was. Added a conditioner, haven’t had a problem since. So, I’m a loyal Bose user not just for the service but it is the best sound for me. I’m not a Bose snob however, I investigate other products in search of the ideal, lightweight system and I ‘look’ into and try to listen to what forum members suggest.
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online