SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41083 - 11/26/04 12:53 PM old school
Anonymous
Unregistered

hello all.. i have a bit of a problem.i have a technics ax5 keyboard and it still has a beautiful sound after all these years.i have a sy-p5 memory card which its battery has just died.i put a new battery in and now it says "err2 prot"i checked the manual and it says the cards protector is on but its not also the keyboards memory is off.also it says "err3 otcd" this means the card was recorded on a different model but this is the only one i have...any help please..i know this keyboard is ancient but i really love it.thanks for your help

#41084 - 11/26/04 02:00 PM Re: old school
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Michael,

I am not familiar with these particular Technics memory cards but for some manufacturers, these older cards required factory reprogramming if they lost battery backup. I encountered a similar problem with memory for a friend's Yamaha FX20 organ. Unfortunately where there is no factory support for these older cards, there doen't seem to be a way around this. The only ones I had any success with were the cards from a Siel DK80 synth. These could be reprogrammed in the machine directly or by using Sysex files from a computer and I did have a hard copy of the data required.
I see from your profile that you are from Poole. I went there frequently in 1991 when I was living in Pimperne near Blandford Forum. I still have a friend living in Poole but unfortunately haven't been able to get back there to see him yet.

Cheers
Len C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online