SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#411114 - 11/09/15 03:36 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Just made a little new demo: beginning of Mozart's Little Night Music (Kleine Nachtmusik) exclusively with E-MU Virtuoso sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/demo-e-mu-virtuoso-fyamaha-motif-mozart-eine-kleine-nachtmusik

#411117 - 11/09/15 04:18 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: rosetree
Just made a little new demo: beginning of Mozart's Little Night Music (Kleine Nachtmusik) exclusively with E-MU Virtuoso sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/demo-e-mu-virtuoso-fyamaha-motif-mozart-eine-kleine-nachtmusik

The main violins were good. However, as a whole, the SRX sound better, and so do MoXF's libraries (DSF, Garritan).......in my humble opinion. smile

#411121 - 11/09/15 04:38 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I don't think you could do this e.g. with Garritan GPO Lite alone. Just a big soft section, too big for a fast Mozart tune, and solo strings, you wouldn't get this sound. These marcato strings rock, I especially like how they play around 0:43, that's very realistic. I also like their sound in the contrabass range very much. What I don't like here is the string quartet and the woodwinds, these both would sound better with either SRX or Garritan.

#411125 - 11/09/15 05:26 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

So actually maybe I'm even going to sell a part of my other libraries. I've decided to make a break here and enjoy E-MU Proteus 2000 from now on. I have a special relation to my Proteus memories anyway, and I think it's absolutely amazing enough as a virtual orchestra, playable live on keys. All these sounds are so incredibly good compared to what everybody thought was great in the early 1990s, it's just human madness to constantly raise demands higher and higher, for me it's time to make music, e.g. playing this beautiful Little Night Music, instead of hunting for gigabytes...
P.S. I know I started this thread in the search for new modules... but I think I changed my mind (unless there will be a new E-MU wink ).

Edited by rosetree (11/09/15 05:30 PM)

#411134 - 11/09/15 07:12 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

I don't think you could do this e.g. with Garritan GPO Lite alone. Just a big soft section, too big for a fast Mozart tune, and solo strings, you wouldn't get this sound. These marcato strings rock, I especially like how they play around 0:43, that's very realistic. I also like their sound in the contrabass range very much. What I don't like here is the string quartet and the woodwinds, these both would sound better with either SRX or Garritan.

At the 0:43 second mark and onwards is the part I thought was most realistic. I called them simply violins in my comment above. I did not know they were marcato strings. I, too, thought the woodwinds weren't great. You can mix-and-match these marcato strings with woodwinds from SRX-06.

#411137 - 11/09/15 07:19 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

So actually maybe I'm even going to sell a part of my other libraries. I've decided to make a break here and enjoy E-MU Proteus 2000 from now on. I have a special relation to my Proteus memories anyway, and I think it's absolutely amazing enough as a virtual orchestra, playable live on keys. All these sounds are so incredibly good compared to what everybody thought was great in the early 1990s, it's just human madness to constantly raise demands higher and higher, for me it's time to make music, e.g. playing this beautiful Little Night Music, instead of hunting for gigabytes...
P.S. I know I started this thread in the search for new modules... but I think I changed my mind (unless there will be a new E-MU wink ).

Just curious; which libraries will you sell?

I'm glad you've decided to make music, and that your search for better sounds is over (at least for now), because you can spend lots of time looking, and you wound up having less time playing.

I've always liked Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_jQBgzU-I

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online