SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#410828 - 11/04/15 03:16 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I've just tested loading a Virtuoso voice with sample into the MoXF: As I feared, the slow strings I tried abruptly stop sounding after about 2 seconds. The waveforms are wrongly implemented as one shot samples...

Luckily, a few waveforms of the strings part of the package are looped (e.g. Marcato strings) and also implemented as stereo samples, so probably they will indeed be a valuable supplement to my MoXF strings. But most waveforms seem to be unusable due to this one shot problem, unless I change thousands of keybanks into loops myself (with the problem of avoiding these lound popping noises).

Edited by rosetree (11/04/15 03:40 PM)

#410838 - 11/04/15 07:55 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
There are many Kurzweil String demos. This one is simple, but sounds nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zYXdAbcXE

#410849 - 11/05/15 04:01 AM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: Mikem]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hello, you can send it to me, and i will try to convert the SF2 to motif format with another converter.
Maybe loop points will be imported too.

What is the motif sound format extension you need?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#410856 - 11/05/15 06:02 AM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: DAN.2000]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Hello, you can send it to me, and i will try to convert the SF2 to motif format with another converter.
Maybe loop points will be imported too.

What is the motif sound format extension you need?

Thanks for your offer, that would be very helpful. I'm going to follow some suggestions of DSF first, then I would write you a PM.The MoXF takes .x6 and .x3 format, but thanks to the Melas editor I could also use the old Motif XS .x0 format.

#410857 - 11/05/15 06:55 AM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
ok, let me know.

I can convert SF2 to .X3

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#410879 - 11/05/15 02:13 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

You don't believe it - did I have to buy ancient 15-year-old Emulator Proteus sounds to get the best marcato strings I ever had for the Yamaha MoXF?? These marcato strings are great! Luckily, these ones are looped, and I edited the voice putting two different marcato samples left/right to get a beautiful stereo. I don't want to know how many Motif users tried to get real marcato strings and never tried to convert these old Emulator waveforms...

#410881 - 11/05/15 02:51 PM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

These are the "NEW" Emulator Proteus Virtuoso marcato strings for Yamaha Motif/MoXF wink :

#410908 - 11/06/15 06:16 AM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Just great of Dan, he was able to convert the whole EMU Virtuoso sound package into the Motif XF format, which didn't work properly with the Melas waveform editor.
It is actually SHOCKING what a dramatic upgrade the Emulator Virtuoso soundset represents for the Yamaha Motif XF/MoXF. A lot of the strings are really excellent, and the loops are not as short as one might expect, it's often several seconds before the loop starts.
It is also striking that, although the Proteus Virtuoso waveROM size was stated with 32 or 64 MB, in fact when it is converted into the Motif format, the size is OVER 500 MB! Is this another example how Yamaha and other manufacturers often blow up sample size to exaggerated, meaningless values? I guess so...

#410911 - 11/06/15 07:39 AM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Just great of Dan, he was able to convert the whole EMU Virtuoso sound package into the Motif XF format, which didn't work properly with the Melas waveform editor.
It is actually SHOCKING what a dramatic upgrade the Emulator Virtuoso soundset represents for the Yamaha Motif XF/MoXF. A lot of the strings are really excellent, and the loops are not as short as one might expect, it's often several seconds before the loop starts.
It is also striking that, although the Proteus Virtuoso waveROM size was stated with 32 or 64 MB, in fact when it is converted into the Motif format, the size is OVER 500 MB! Is this another example how Yamaha and other manufacturers often blow up sample size to exaggerated, meaningless values? I guess so...

Good to hewr Dan could help you...

The huge sample size is probably because they resampled the Proteus and not used the orriginal samples...

Which prooves the opposite of your statement, its incredible how good the sounds are that Yamaha can create withe their current samples... There are 2000 sounds in the Tyros 5 and only 700 MB of samples... And yet the soundquallity is close to the big kontakt sound libraries..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#410912 - 11/06/15 07:44 AM Re: Hope for new orchestral sound modules? [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus
The huge sample size is probably because they resampled the Proteus and not used the orriginal samples...

Which prooves the opposite of your statement, its incredible how good the sounds are that Yamaha can create withe their current samples... There are 2000 sounds in the Tyros 5 and only 700 MB of samples... And yet the soundquallity is close to the big kontakt sound libraries..

No, Bachus, it is not resampled (look at the DSF link and product description), and the E-MU package is only 32 MB in Soundfont format. It only grows to 500 MB when it is converted into the Motif .x3v format.
The other Motif libraries I have all seem exaggerated in their sample size when comparing their quality with the 32/64MB Roland SRX boards, for example. I don't trust those size statements any more. Nobody knows by what factors these figures are inflated.

Edited by rosetree (11/06/15 08:09 AM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online