SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#410444 - 10/29/15 11:26 PM The most underrated feature of the Audya...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Finally my Audya is starting to transform more & more to my personal liking. Style modelling is indeed the most powerful feature found on any arranger as yet in my own opinion. Those who do not explore this have no idea of just WHAT they are missing. To be able to simply browse in outstanding already stunning existing loops into any part of any style is really awesome! Imagine having thousands of loops available plus the available software to be able to create styles with it... I honestly think that this should be highlighted more than it currently is.

My gripe with the Audya was mostly the lack of longer, high quality intros & endings as I use these a lot. But as of late, I cannot complain about this any more as the newer Ketron styles like i.e. those found on the SD7 are just superb! I especially like all those bass slidings. If I can find midi styles with outstanding beginning & endings, I can create something spectacular with it. Although the intros & endings can also be "modelled" just the same as the internal style parts, I must still come to full grips with how to apply the required chord changes to it. Maybe I'll start playing with that in the not too distant future.

So, for me at least, my Audya is once again "new" and I am elated & contend once more, all it took was a little new effort from my side.

Keep well all my Ketron friends,

Henni

#410454 - 10/30/15 06:06 AM Re: The most underrated feature of the Audya... [Re: Henni]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I imagine the loops on the Audya are a little bit like the arpeggios on the Motif XF. I can choose from among close to 8,000
arps. For me, this is the most fun and creative feature. The possibilities seem endless, because I can change each part of a performance (drums, bass, guitar...) with different arps.

Concerning the lack of intros and endings, why not simply use those on your PSR-S950, and then continue playing with the Audya?

#410462 - 10/30/15 06:41 AM Re: The most underrated feature of the Audya... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I do use the existing intros & endings for the moment as well as some of the really good midi style sections. It would be fun to tamper with those (intros & endings) also in the not too distant future...

#410463 - 10/30/15 06:44 AM Re: The most underrated feature of the Audya... [Re: Henni]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Have fun experimenting, Henni!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online