SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#410404 - 10/29/15 11:23 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
When it becomes an obsession with getting chords exactly right...
Probably going off the deep end a bit.

I'm hoping Gary, and others, continue to post musical numbers on this forum as I learn from it.

#410410 - 10/29/15 12:28 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"Ain't no Haint gonna run me off!"

#410411 - 10/29/15 12:39 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA

Oh my! Excuses excuses, because you guys are to lazy, or to ignorant to learn to play correctly. I'm a sax player yet I can play more than one chord every four bars, and Oh my. Excuses excuses because you guys are to lazy, or to ignorant to learn to play correctly. I'm a damn sax player yet I can play more than one chord every four bars. Yes while singing. You guys sound like a bunch of pussies crying in your beer... Maybe you're stretched to far trying to drink too often, chasing too many women, playing too much football, too much pool hall, sitting on the beach or just not qualified up on top to do this. Hey some people will never swim the English Channel, and really don't possess what it takes to figure this out, eh? Ever think of that. Many of us could never build a jet plane. What can I say, but get the book that will help you learn the correct chords. You don't need to hit a chord with every note. Why in the hell do you change what I'm saying. KISS Keep it simple stupid but play the Right chords. After a while you'll be saying to yourself. Geez! Boo was Right it is just as easy to play the right chords as it it to play the stupid all ate up with the dumb-ass wrong chords, HUH? Those of you with a thinking brain may even say ,why didn't I listen to him 15 years ago when he first tried to explain this to us. Maybe I'd be a 3/4 ass musician by now instead of the same old half ass musician. eh?
I did this in 2001 when I got my first and only Korg i30 arranger. I was learning to play chords on the keyboard to tunes, I was learning to singing, (never sang before, I was a sax player remember) I didn't know the lyrics,I was singing the lyrics out of a "Real Book" or typing them out and was nervous as hell cause I never did this before and never owned a mini disc recorder in my life and was learning all of this at the same time. Some of my genuine friends claim that even being a Cajun, that I may be a genius who just can not make the hundreds of dollars that many here seem to have made for 50 years or more years.

How's about comparing those guys posted over the years with much better recording equipment than me, much better arrangers than me ( in their opinions) and been doing it for 50 years and I was doing it for maybe 3 or 4 months, always while trying to tear me up that I'm a sax player remember. Half of you probably do not understand or appreciate what I just said. That's OK I forgive you. Perhaps some here suffer ADD and could not read all that I said here and will never understand and to those of you in that condition, my sincere condolences.

The chords are out off the Real Book. I even know some better substitutions now with b9th etc. well here goes.
http://cajunenterprises.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/02-Track-2.mp3

#410413 - 10/29/15 12:50 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Here's a PM that I received from a member, who doesn't want to ruffle feathers. I assume he's not a bricklayer who wrestler, played football and boxed Ha ha ha.

"I agree with you re ur post on the chord changes for "More"

I also totally agree with you in regards to an older Thread re: Assisted Living & Nursing Home gigs pay $$$.

In regards to ALF paying only $50 in your area...I am faced with the same exact challenge.... as long as there are other guys who are "fairly decent" willing to do this circuit for $50 they are not going to pay someone like You or me a clap dollar more even though we are much better on all fronts etc.

I am not going to get into a "pissing match" with the majority of "nice folks" in this Forum.... and I just wanted you to know that I'm on your side on both of these issues big time!

#410414 - 10/29/15 01:00 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
I don't care if Gary's version of more sucks because of wrong chords( according to (boo). I enjoyed it and to me that all that matters. You guys on this forum can be brutal to each other ,reminds me of a bunch of school girls. Gary and the rest of you , don't stop posting because somebody hates your "chords" . Some the best music out there came about because some dude played it different not wrong ......just different and to me that's what Gary did. I liked it . If boo didn't that's ok. It's just an opinion. Ok I'm done. Now back to my musical retired life.

#410415 - 10/29/15 01:13 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

The chords are out off the Real Book. I even know some better substitutions now with b9th etc. well here goes.
http://cajunenterprises.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/02-Track-2.mp3Boo,

What the Hell is this? It's a link to you singing to a midi file of Bewitched and has nothing to do with the chords to Mantovani's rendition of More.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#410416 - 10/29/15 01:14 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Boo
You been taking your meds?
Eddie

#410417 - 10/29/15 01:16 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Boo, we've been friends for a long time, but you are straining that relationship. There is no need to call us ignorant, lazy, a bunch of pussies, and tell us our music is crap, and at the same time reminding us of how talented and wonderful you are. I have played with you and you are an extremely good sax player.
I'm afraid circumstances in your life have left you with a bitter attitude, but I don't enjoy being the brunt of it.
I listened to your song as long as I could but the excessive reverb on your vocal kept it from being enjoyable.
Notice I didn't say you were stupid for using too much, or that your hearing must be gone for thinking it sounded good.
You would be much happier on a jazz forum somewhere, unless you just enjoy irritating people.
I understand your intentions are good. At least I hope so-starting to wonder. But enough is enough. You do it your way, we'll do it our way.
As far as playing nursing homes, they pay $30. here, if anything, so I don't do them. I'd rather do Veteran's Home and true charities for free.

#410418 - 10/29/15 01:23 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

1,2,Cha Cha Cha..

Attachments
images.jpg11.jpg

Edited by Dnj (10/29/15 01:50 PM)

#410419 - 10/29/15 01:30 PM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
1,2,Cha Cha Cha..

Yeah, that's helpful.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online