SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#410027 - 10/23/15 03:41 PM Re: My new PSR S-970 arriving in a few hours!!! [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Mikem
I read it at Eileen's Yamaha Keyboard Players website. In fact, she confirmed what someone else said.

Has Yamaha confirmed this about the keybed in its SPECS I would assume if it was improved they would state it as a upgrade in their feature list on the S970? or is it that people just feel something different because of its "newness" vs a used keybed?......I would have to personally play one to be sure but I highly doubt it....

I'm sorry I don't know for sure. It's just something I read from a couple of people. Guitpic1 seems to confirm this, though (see his comment above). On Motifator, I also read that if you change the velocity sensitivity, the keybed will seem to be different. Maybe, it's just the better sound affecting how we think it feels. Or perhaps, the keys are made with more plastic.

#410029 - 10/23/15 07:39 PM Re: My new PSR S-970 arriving in a few hours!!! [Re: Mikem]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I have never minded the key feel on the S950, and even less now on the S970.
I have play the PSR S970 several times, and a similar "feeling" I got when you played
the Tyros4 (that has nothing wrong with it), and then the Tyros5, and It DOES have the new DSPs
(many sounds have a different presence)just like the T5....and yes, the sound is different for obvious reason....
The Huge Screen, is awesome !!
Not just that, a major upgrade to me, is the Flash memory, only 8 times more than the S950....
And now I can install all the Expansion packs I want-need.

And honestly, I think the BEST opinion is that one you have WHEN you play one.... keys
Just my 2 cents

#410030 - 10/23/15 08:27 PM Re: My new PSR S-970 arriving in a few hours!!! [Re: mdorantes]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: mdorantes
I have never minded the key feel on the S950, and even less now on the S970.
I have play the PSR S970 several times, and a similar "feeling" I got when you played
the Tyros4 (that has nothing wrong with it), and then the Tyros5, and It DOES have the new DSPs
(many sounds have a different presence)just like the T5....and yes, the sound is different for obvious reason....
The Huge Screen, is awesome !!
Not just that, a major upgrade to me, is the Flash memory, only 8 times more than the S950....
And now I can install all the Expansion packs I want-need.

And honestly, I think the BEST opinion is that one you have WHEN you play one.... keys
Just my 2 cents

So, you are confirming that the keys of the PSR-S970 are better? If so, do you think they are made differently, or is it because of some other reason?

Thanks.

#410035 - 10/24/15 02:02 AM Re: My new PSR S-970 arriving in a few hours!!! [Re: guitpic1]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Guitpic1
I admire your life style. Music, music, music
and a backyard to die for.

Keep going, John C.

#410037 - 10/24/15 04:38 AM Re: My new PSR S-970 arriving in a few hours!!! [Re: bruno123]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tx Bruno

Here's a little better shot of that backyard.

http://youtu.be/mrLL90rBFGM

Edited by guitpic1 (10/24/15 04:39 AM)

#410060 - 10/24/15 11:11 AM Re: My new PSR S-970 arriving in a few hours!!! [Re: sunster]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The view from my deck is a bit different.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online