SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#409933 - 10/21/15 03:51 PM Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly
rosetree
Unregistered

As today's the date of McFly's destination in Back to the Future II, I spontanously prepared a few seconds of the movie soundtrack (Alan Silvestri) on the Roland Integra. It was a matter of about an hour, so it's rather a raw version...

https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/where-...oland-integra-7

#409934 - 10/21/15 04:13 PM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Sounds good. I like the orchestral sounds of the Integra-7. Did you use SRX sounds, the SuperNatural ones, or a combination?

#409936 - 10/21/15 04:24 PM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Almost exclusively SRX sounds: SRX 10 trombones and C-trumpet section, SRX 04 strings, SRX 06 percussions. Just added a SuperNatural French horn to the trombone track.

#409940 - 10/21/15 05:02 PM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I'm constantly fascinated by the SRX 10 C-trumpet section. It is 100% like a real orchestral trumpet section, except the difficulty to control crescendo/decrescendo during a tone. I haven't heard any classical trumpet section of any current instrument that would come close to that.
What I dislike, and it's audible here, too, is the bad quality of the reverb, it always makes the overall sound a bit acute. Of coure I could have taken some higher frequencies out, no fine-tuning done about it yet...

#409987 - 10/22/15 02:21 PM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Uploaded a slightly altered version now, conveniently the link is the same (Soundcloud allows this unlike Youtube). Rhythmic inaccuracies reduced, second orchestral glissando (from SRX 06), reverb less acute.

#409989 - 10/22/15 02:45 PM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
wow amazing creation !

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#409993 - 10/22/15 04:25 PM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Almost exclusively SRX sounds: SRX 10 trombones and C-trumpet section, SRX 04 strings, SRX 06 percussions. Just added a SuperNatural French horn to the trombone track.

Good to know. Thanks!

#409994 - 10/22/15 04:38 PM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I'm constantly fascinated by the SRX 10 C-trumpet section. It is 100% like a real orchestral trumpet section, except the difficulty to control crescendo/decrescendo during a tone. I haven't heard any classical trumpet section of any current instrument that would come close to that.
What I dislike, and it's audible here, too, is the bad quality of the reverb, it always makes the overall sound a bit acute. Of coure I could have taken some higher frequencies out, no fine-tuning done about it yet...

I just listened to your second version. If I didn't know it was made with a keyboard (sound module, to be exact), I never would have guessed.

I love orchestral music made with keyboards! The SRX boards certainly sound good, despite their age. I frequently hear your music on YouTube and Soundcloud, even if I've heard it before! Always looking forward to hearing your latest efforts.

Please keep them coming!

Thanks.

#410012 - 10/23/15 06:26 AM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your interest in these tunes. If it's on the verge of sounding like a real orchestra, it's all I want to achieve.
The SRX, especially 04 and 10, are from about 2001-2003. So this is not extremely old, and the release year alone doesn't tell much about the quality and realism, if an above-average sample data amount was spent for a specialized group of sounds like strings. I tried so many flash libraries for the MoXF and still haven't found a trumpet section of the same realism. However, it could even sound better if I combine these Integra sounds with the best ones of my MoXF libraries. This time I just want the Integra to shine. BTW, the supernatural sounds don't help much for these symphonic tunes, as they are mainly solo instruments and don't integrate well to form instrument sections.

Edited by rosetree (10/23/15 06:28 AM)

#410013 - 10/23/15 06:33 AM Re: Digged out Roland Integra for Marty McFly [Re: ]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Wonderful, great job!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online