SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#409836 - 10/19/15 05:22 PM Went back to work today...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
A week ago, one of the ADs called and asked if I would do an Octoberfest party for them. Though I've retired, I decided that if I did just four or six jobs a month, it would help maintain what little sanity I have remaining. I performed about a dozen ompah-pah songs, interspersed with my regular routine. They loved it, didn't want me to stop playing and singing, got lots of complements, many saying my vocals sounded better than ever. This was shot with my $25 Ebay, HD video camera sitting on my keyboard console.

Feels good to be back in the saddle again, and I guess I'm only semi-retired now. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#409837 - 10/19/15 05:42 PM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Welcome back...... Yea!!

#409843 - 10/19/15 07:48 PM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
clap

#409851 - 10/20/15 06:39 AM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
As it should be.

#409852 - 10/20/15 06:48 AM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Just don't over do it ya old fart. Don't make me get up! Thanks for the memories and the help all these years friend.

#409853 - 10/20/15 08:26 AM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks guys. Boo, I'm only figuring on playing about 4 jobs a month during the winter months, and in mid April, when my boat goes back in the water, I'll stock the pantry and fridge, then put the sails up and head out for the spring and summer. Not sure where I'll go, how long I'll stay, or when I'll decide to come home. Just gonna relax and smell the roses as I cruise around Chesapeake Bay, and maybe sail up to New England for a couple weeks, then head south again. I'm gonna be a professional boat bum, if I can. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

#409855 - 10/20/15 08:30 AM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... it's good that you are playing again ...

... and Rhode Island welcomes 'boat bums' ... in fact, it may be the original home of 'boat bums' ...
Who knows, maybe if you get up here we can get that skinny Italian from NJ ( no, not Sinatra) to get his skinny butt up here too ...

#409859 - 10/20/15 09:58 AM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary..... Road trip? Straight up I95....pick me up.. lol

#409860 - 10/20/15 10:26 AM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Gary..... Road trip? Straight up I95....pick me up.. lol

Gary,

Congratulations on getting back on your horse and riding again!! Good for you!

You two can kill 2 birds with one stone on that trip. Exit 40 Milord, Ct, stop in to see Frankieve, then just continue another 85-90 miles up the road to Rhode Island! Be prepared not to diet!

#409868 - 10/20/15 11:53 AM Re: Went back to work today... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny and Steve, I'll have to pick you up at one of the inlets - I'll be sailing to New England - that's what boat bums do. Can't sail real well on I-95. smile

I figure it will take me about a week to get as far as Mystic, CT, and after checking out the New Jersey Inlets, the best one I could access would be at The Hook, which is at Sandy Hook, where I can safely enter from the Ocean and get behind the island. Manasquan Inlet is pretty hairy, especially in the summer when there is a lot of big powerboats running the inlet, and I cannot clear the bridge in the back bay.

Thanks again, guys,

Gary cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online