SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40961 - 04/08/03 04:11 AM Strange USB (Part II)
tonykn7000 Offline

Loc: Colchester , Essex , UK
Hi All
Thanks for the very useful info.
Latest situation is I plugged in the powered
hub and tested it with the extention lead and
card read and windows reconized it straight
away. I then connected it to the KN7 and switched on and the composite usb showed for the first time. I followed instruction in the KN7 book and heard the keyboard go dong as the pc had reconized it. I then played a cd in the PC and it played on the KN7 brilliantly I tried to record and message said could not record check that keyboard is
connected. I tried to update the driver but
ended up with the Panasonic musicial instrument in the hardware list of the USB.
But I think I have not updated the driver correctly the driver reads Panasonic musicial instrument but has ref and date as unspecified and not not passed windows test
message. Am I correct in assumeing that as I
am able to play to the KN7 with excellent results I should now be able to record ok if I get the driver installed correctly. As I have only had window XP for a few days could
someone please explain how I can get the list
of drivers from CD to find the driver MACOMPO.inf which is the driver according to the book.

Many Thanks

Tony Looker

#40962 - 04/08/03 05:01 AM Re: Strange USB (Part II)
technicsplayer Offline

just follow 4.34. It states that the inf file is found on the KN7000 installation disk, in fact it is in the root and thus you cannot really miss it. Select Have Disk and browse to the cd and you find the file.

For the fifth time I'll say it is not guaranteed to work with extensions and hubs; if it does work, it will be a matter of luck depending on the individual hardware, cables and circumstances. Thus it is not possible to make assumptions about anything, it will either work or it will not, or just parts of it may work.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online