SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#409590 - 10/14/15 03:01 PM For Strings aficionados on Korg PA4X
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
For those who like string sounds on keyboards, what do you think of these? Strings start at 3:08 minutes. A short orchestral piece starts at 4:54.

https://youtu.be/2kRjXKHfkX8

#409601 - 10/14/15 04:53 PM Re: For Strings aficionados on Korg PA4X [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

IMHO, good, but not breathtakingly realistic. It's small and big strings combined, always the easiest way to make them sound good. They sound quite like the preset strings on the Krome, where I liked the small ensembles, but didn't like the big sections very much. It's too short here to say something definitive about the big sections, but I guess Korg didn't sample any new strings for the PA-4X. It's always expensive to sample a big strings orchestra, dozens of players, a concert hall, tone engineers to be paid for several hours or days. But hopefully the 400 MB free sample space could be used for more exclusive strings, maybe from Karo Sounds (although presently they just have strings for Kronos)...

#409606 - 10/14/15 07:14 PM Re: For Strings aficionados on Korg PA4X [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: rosetree
IMHO, good, but not breathtakingly realistic. It's small and big strings combined, always the easiest way to make them sound good. They sound quite like the preset strings on the Krome, where I liked the small ensembles, but didn't like the big sections very much. It's too short here to say something definitive about the big sections, but I guess Korg didn't sample any new strings for the PA-4X. It's always expensive to sample a big strings orchestra, dozens of players, a concert hall, tone engineers to be paid for several hours or days. But hopefully the 400 MB free sample space could be used for more exclusive strings, maybe from Karo Sounds (although presently they just have strings for Kronos)...

Thanks for your opinion, Rosetree, and for your tip on combining small and big strings together.

Edited by Mikem (10/14/15 07:19 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online