SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#409321 - 10/07/15 02:18 PM Korg PA4x - Power & Playability,
Dnj Offline

#409322 - 10/07/15 07:14 PM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

What a beauty. Glad I'm with Korg over the years. For now, the 3X76 became the studio board and the 900 will go live, to lighten the load.

The 4X acoustic piano sounds like a dream. That is one area that needed improvement (IMO).

Korg still MAPS their products graciously vs the other brands. A lot more for the money.....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#409324 - 10/07/15 09:04 PM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: zuki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: zuki
What a beauty. Glad I'm with Korg over the years. For now, the 3X76 became the studio board and the 900 will go live, to lighten the load.

The 4X acoustic piano sounds like a dream. That is one area that needed improvement (IMO).

Korg still MAPS their products graciously vs the other brands. A lot more for the money.....

Many people seem to disagree (on the Korg forums) that the indtrument is a step forward..

True, it has 5GB of PCm sounds...but a lot of features have been lost stpped back

- no motorized tilt screen
- user sample memmory dropped from 500MB (compressed) to 400 MB saved sets are not compatible
- the number of insert effects dropped
- no more digital out..
- no more vocal harmony with mp3 files
- many options for voice removal have been removed..
And some more
- still many items on the touchscreen espescially in edditing menus are to small

True, the sound (most important feature has improved, and is now on par again with the Tyros 5 and espescially the drums and piano sounds outshine T5.

But

- Tyros 5 has the SA2 advanced voices ( DNC is SA1 technollogy)
- Tyros 5 has ensemble voices
- Tyros 5 has more and better effects section
- Tyros 5 screen looks much better then Korgs
- Tyros 5 has up to 2 GB expansion memmory
- Tyros 5 has 5 different organs in the organ world versus only a B3 drwabar in the Korg..
- Tyros 5 has a community that offers many many remote programs and edditors for free
- Tyros 5 has more options in the multipads
- Tyros 5 can play styles and songs at the same time
- Tyros 5 start up is like 5 secs vs 1 minute for PA4x
And some more

In our local shops in europe Pa4x will cost nearly as much as a Tyros 5, i think however that Korg missed out on an opportunity with the PA4x, espescially the step back in the effects section and the very limmited user sample area still make it feel last century..
They should have taken more technollogy from the Kronos. Like sample streaming from SSD giving near unlimmited expansion possibillities..

While you have a single great accoustic piano in the pa4x it also takes up most of the new 5GB rom memmory.. And the user memmory is to small to load another high quallity piano.. And except for the huge rom memmory, not much has improved over the pa3x... Its using exactly the same processing hardware as the pa3x and even the pa2x...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#409333 - 10/08/15 05:41 AM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Many of the things you mentioned don't concern my needs on stage as a performer. Everyone has their own. The KORG definitely has the edge feature wise for a Pro KB Player vs T5.
It Sounds Great, Built solid, Sliders, Tilt Display, Awesome VH unit,
Plus it's black too,.. cool2

#409336 - 10/08/15 06:42 AM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Many of the things you mentioned don't concern my needs on stage as a performer. Everyone has their own. The KORG definitely has the edge feature wise for a Pro KB Player vs T5.
It Sounds Great, Built solid, Sliders, Tilt Display, Awesome VH unit,
Plus it's black too,.. cool2

There is a reason you allways keep returning to Yamaha Donny...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#409337 - 10/08/15 07:11 AM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
[quote=Dnj] [quote]
There is a reason you allways keep returning to Yamaha Donny...

I actually love playing both KORG & Yamaha......but for me as a very unorthodoxed finger physical, non pedalist style player on stage it's all about the features and navigation. The S950 display was more readable vs the flat Pa3x,Pa900/Sd7 last time out.....
The new Pa4x Tilt display answered that problem amongst it's many other kool features. cool2

Tyros units although sound terrific have way too much unneeded real estate for me frown

#409338 - 10/08/15 07:12 AM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
"It Sounds Great, Built solid, Tilt Display, Awesome VH unit,Plus it's black too,.. "

Hmmmmmm! Sounds just like Donny described a T5.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#409341 - 10/08/15 07:21 AM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
"It Sounds Great, Built solid, Tilt Display, Awesome VH unit,Plus it's black too,.. "

Hmmmmmm! Sounds just like Donny described a T5.

Gary cool

Except for the 'Tilt Display' and 'VH Unit', sounds like he just described ME smile smile smile.

chas

#409342 - 10/08/15 07:31 AM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#409343 - 10/08/15 07:46 AM Re: Korg PA4x - Power & Playability, [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online