SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#404235 - 07/01/15 02:10 PM Locked USB Stick
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I loaned an Integral 16gb USB stick to a friend who somehow managed to lock it. I've searched the net and followed the instructions given but it remains locked. It has quite a few 'sets' on it and I have been successful in copying a few but mostly I get the message asking me to unlock it before proceeding.

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation and if so, would you be kind enough to explain how you unlocked your stick please?

Thanks in advance.

Audrey Turner (Tyros 5-76 keyboard)

#404358 - 07/04/15 06:04 AM Re: Locked USB Stick [Re: Audrey Turner]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Try going to the manufacturers website and perhaps they can tell you how to deal with the situation or have a topic that will help you. Good Luck, Lloyd

#407900 - 09/06/15 10:54 PM Re: Locked USB Stick [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I have not heard of a lock that prevents reading, only writing. The write protect lock is a sliding switch on the USB stick that switches between lock and unlocked.

#408249 - 09/13/15 03:20 PM Re: Locked USB Stick [Re: Nigel]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Nigel,

Most people tell me it should have some way of unlocking it, but there doesn't seem to be anything at all to do this. I did go to the website in the first place, but without success. The suggestion was I "ask a friend" ha! ha!

However, my young brother is a bit of a 'computer boffin' and I mentioned it to him. He suggested I let him have it and he will do it via his PC - don't ask me how. Unfortunately, he lives in another town quite a few miles from Cambridge so we don't get to see each other very often, but I'll certainly let him have a go.

The strange thing is, whilst I can copy almost everything on it, it wont allow me to change anything but of course,that's what security is all about isn't it?

I'll keep you posted on this one.

Take care! Audrey

#408997 - 09/29/15 12:30 AM Re: Locked USB Stick [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Did you check the switch on the USB stick wasn't set to prevent writing ? Though am guessing you have done that.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online