Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#408745 - 09/23/15 03:10 AM Re: Any Korg freestyles? [Re: Johnnie.c]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Johnnie.c
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Johnnie.c
ethereal movies from Yamaha is a hard conversion but is possible I believe

Its not possible because to my knowledge Korg does not have an option to have a style follow the tempo of the player...

So are you saying "On a Tyros as you speed up or slow down your actual playing the tempo follows you" Please tell how that works?

It only works with freeplay styles... They are specially programmed to follow your tempo..

Here is what yamaha has to say about the different styles in my Tyros 5

Originally Posted By: Tyros5 Reference Manual

• Pro: These Styles provide professional and exciting arrangements combined with perfect playability. The resulting
accompaniment exactly follows the chords of the player. As a result, your chord changes and colorful harmonies
are instantly transformed into lifelike musical accompaniment.

• Session: These Styles provide even greater realism and authentic backing by mixing in original chord types and
changes, as well as special riffs with chord changes, with the Main sections. These have been programmed to add
“spice” and a professional touch to your performances of certain songs and in certain genres. Keep in mind, however,
that the Styles may not necessarily be appropriate—or even harmonically correct—for all songs and for all
chord playing. In some cases for example, playing a simple major triad for a country song may result in a “jazzy”
seventh chord, or playing an on-bass chord may result in inappropriate or unexpected accompaniment.

• Free Play: These Styles are characterized by rubato performance. You can perform freely with remarkably expressive
accompaniment, without being constrained by a strict tempo.

• +Audio: Indicates the Audio Style. For more information on Audio Styles, refer to the Owner’s Manual.

Only the so called Pro styles are ssf2 format and can be converted to other brands with the right tools..

There is also the new Deejay styles in the PSR series, that will probably find their way to T6, those come with a build in chord sequence, and some other special features..

All these different style types are what sets Yamaha appart from the other arrangers, however there is one downside tahts also typically Yamaha, you cant edit or create your own styles (only ssf2) which really kills much of the fun, as there are only 12 freeplaystyles available ...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#409503 - 10/12/15 07:59 PM Re: Any Korg freestyles? [Re: synerjim]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I've been away from SZ for a while and just saw this post.

Bachus is mistaken. Free play styles do not follow the player's tempo, and really do not require special programming. They DO require that the arranger have a "retrigger" functionality as a style parameter, a playback parameter, or programmed into the voice characteristics.

Both Yamaha and Korg have Retrigger available as a style parameter, so creating a faithful approximation of Yamaha's free play styles is eminently possible on a Korg.

Please search my posts here and on korgforums.com to find and download a very simple free play style for use on Korg.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online