SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40855 - 03/02/03 08:18 AM TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
I forgot to mention in my last posting that we will be doing our "SPRING FREE STUFF CONTEST" again this year for our U.S. Technics keyboard owners any model. Pretty simple rules - There are no rules -. All you do is register from our web sites and win stuff. Info will be posted in 3-4 weeks. If you have not received an occassional email from us during the last year than we do not have your correct e-mail. If you changed providers etc, please send me an e-mail with your current e-mail address along with any information you care to provide like - I own a Technics KN3000 keyboard and my mother-in-law lives with us and is driving me crazy - - We're listening!!

Send your e-mail addess to:

( keybstud@sc.rr.com )

Thanks,

Walt

#40856 - 03/02/03 09:48 AM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
And...
There are various sites you can order the new KN7000 Book and video, and Walt's Keyboard Studio is one of the places to do just that.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40857 - 03/02/03 02:58 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
And...
I don’t believe I will order mine from where my technote magazine comes from, it might never get here.

Grandpa Doug

#40858 - 03/02/03 04:40 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
Grandpa Doug,

Ditto. Service from Walt Tenay was excellent on the previous manual.

Lanny

#40859 - 03/02/03 06:14 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Douglas Dean Offline

I know!!!

Grandpa Doug

#40860 - 03/02/03 07:11 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
I ordered mine from Technote (Florida) -- before everybody started complaining about the delay in the delivery of the magazine.
It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
If mine turns out to be too slow, maybe Grandpa Doug can EMail me a copy?
Walt

#40861 - 03/02/03 10:30 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Douglas Dean Offline

You might just pick up the phone and cancle it. Dosn't cost anything and they might just get the message loud and clear. Walt will send it out pronto. He values his customers and proves it with service, I know.

Grandpa Doug

#40862 - 03/03/03 03:41 AM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doug,
A friend who lives near me got his magazine Saturday....I did not.

Maybe they are using "Trickle Down" delivery.

Fran in Florida

#40863 - 03/03/03 07:30 AM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Walt Tenay Offline

Hi Fran,

Most flat mail is sent bulk or media mail to keep cost down. Unfortunately based on my
experience witht the U.S. Postal system it does not compare with the more faster delivery in the UK and European countries for the same
type of material being sent out.

This type of bulk mail is not given the highest priority for delivery in the US thus
a high degree of different delivery dates.

I am confident that Technote values their customers as much as I do. If you are concerned about the delivery of your magazine
look to your local U.S. Post office.!!!!

However be prepared for another rate increase
if you complain too much - it seems the more
the rate increases the less service we end up
with. (Any retired Post Office employees out there please do not email me with threats
of stopping my mail - I need my mail)

Regards,

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Doug,
A friend who lives near me got his magazine Saturday....I did not.

Maybe they are using "Trickle Down" delivery.

Fran in Florida

#40864 - 03/03/03 02:36 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Walt and Technote,
I served as a Postal Inspector when first entering the military and know the system.
My comments about the delivery should have been more explicit. I was directing them to our wonderful postal system, which you and others are painfully aware of, and not at Technote. I never had a problem with orders from England and I may have been the first one to order from our new outlet in Holiday Florida before they officially opened. Got it right away.

I received a call from Simon (Technote USA) with his concern about the delivery issue. I know that Technote is doing their best to satisfy there customers, like they always have. The problem belongs to the U.S.Postal Service and not Technote.

Fran (a male) in Florida

Ps. Picked up the mail today......no magazine.

#40865 - 03/04/03 03:06 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
lahawk Offline

I think the United States Post Office has a little more daunting task then the Brits Postal Service. We have a slightly larger area to cover, and slighty more people to patronage, wouldn't you say ?

I know people here love to complain about anything the US Government is involved in, but I have no complaints about our Postal Service.

I still find it amazing that I can send a letter from Pennsylvania to Texas to my Grandaughter, and she gleefuly recieves in 2 or 3 days. This for 38 cents

I subscribe to a weekly magazine, that arrives at my doorstep like clock work. Same day every week, no problem.

Therefore it is my belief that the blame is not the U.S. Post Office, rather the problem lies somewhere on the shipping end with Technote Magazine.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40866 - 03/04/03 04:06 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Walt Tenay Offline

Hi Larry,

I think you missed one of the important
items in my bashing the delivery of mail of our US Post Office.

Rest assured that a first class letter will
travel and be delivered a great distances at a
very attracrive price, but low and behold, magazines, flat mail, third class, fourth class fall into the catagory that when the next camel is available it will begain it's periouls journey throught wind sleet rain and
snow or something like that as the process for
delivery would begin.

Certain magazine (built in the price) that we
receive in record time are usually unique, since most magazine companies use the lowest
rate to keep their cost down.

I think the best delivery experience that I
have used with our Postal Service is Priority
Mail up to a lb anywhere in the US for $3.85

We sent all the How Do I Do That Extended Manuals priority and most were delivered by
the 3rd day. How can you beat that? The
customer paid for that service.

Maybe the post office can have options for delivery of anything. Fast Deliver - Medium deliver - Slow Delivery or We'll deliver it
when we want.

Wait a Minute !!!I think they already have this system in place.

Regards,

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
I think the United States Post Office has a little more daunting task then the Brits Postal Service. We have a slightly larger area to cover, and slighty more people to patronage, wouldn't you say ?

I know people here love to complain about anything the US Government is involved in, but I have no complaints about our Postal Service.

I still find it amazing that I can send a letter from Pennsylvania to Texas to my Grandaughter, and she gleefuly recieves in 2 or 3 days. This for 38 cents

I subscribe to a weekly magazine, that arrives at my doorstep like clock work. Same day every week, no problem.

Therefore it is my belief that the blame is not the U.S. Post Office, rather the problem lies somewhere on the shipping end with Technote Magazine.

Larry Hawk

#40867 - 03/04/03 05:47 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
lahawk Offline

Hi Walt,

I still say we recieve our "Bulk mail" at a reasonable price in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm curious as to
The actual amount of time it takes to ship a magazine at bulk rate from your buisness to your customer.How long is that magazine actuallt stuck in the mail system ?

I'm not even sure what you mean by "slow" 3 days? 5 days? 7 Days? Where are you shipping it from and where are you shipping it to?

Could the US Postal service be quicker...maybe.. would we want to pay for this?...probably not.

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40868 - 03/04/03 06:53 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Douglas Dean Offline

I must admit I do not understand. The US mail is being blamed. If I may submit this quote by Tony Smith on the technote forum: Quote - “I must apologise for the delay, I can confirm they have all been posted to you. We are using a new postal service via our new office and its fare to say that there are always teething problems. However, you should receive the magazine any day now and we will ensure that this does not happen again”.

The US mail is not a new postal service. I take that statement to mean it to be a mailing service company that does what is necessary to process the mailing for delivery by the US post office. He also states he will ensure that this does not happen again. It must be that mailing service who screwed up because Tony cannot ensure anything related to the United States Postal Service. The United States Postal Service is too old to have teething problems but I can see where the people preparing the magazines for posting could be having problems. All this indicates to me the United States Postal Service though it might not be the fastest, cannot be totally blamed for this screw-up although it is being used as the whipping boy. The same thing happened when computers started to be used in business. When people messed up they blamed the computer for their mistakes. People were fooled for a time but soon realized it was junk in, junk out. This is the way I look at the mess and will stick with it until proven different.

Grandpa Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online