SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40865 - 03/04/03 03:06 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I think the United States Post Office has a little more daunting task then the Brits Postal Service. We have a slightly larger area to cover, and slighty more people to patronage, wouldn't you say ?

I know people here love to complain about anything the US Government is involved in, but I have no complaints about our Postal Service.

I still find it amazing that I can send a letter from Pennsylvania to Texas to my Grandaughter, and she gleefuly recieves in 2 or 3 days. This for 38 cents

I subscribe to a weekly magazine, that arrives at my doorstep like clock work. Same day every week, no problem.

Therefore it is my belief that the blame is not the U.S. Post Office, rather the problem lies somewhere on the shipping end with Technote Magazine.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40866 - 03/04/03 04:06 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Larry,

I think you missed one of the important
items in my bashing the delivery of mail of our US Post Office.

Rest assured that a first class letter will
travel and be delivered a great distances at a
very attracrive price, but low and behold, magazines, flat mail, third class, fourth class fall into the catagory that when the next camel is available it will begain it's periouls journey throught wind sleet rain and
snow or something like that as the process for
delivery would begin.

Certain magazine (built in the price) that we
receive in record time are usually unique, since most magazine companies use the lowest
rate to keep their cost down.

I think the best delivery experience that I
have used with our Postal Service is Priority
Mail up to a lb anywhere in the US for $3.85

We sent all the How Do I Do That Extended Manuals priority and most were delivered by
the 3rd day. How can you beat that? The
customer paid for that service.

Maybe the post office can have options for delivery of anything. Fast Deliver - Medium deliver - Slow Delivery or We'll deliver it
when we want.

Wait a Minute !!!I think they already have this system in place.

Regards,

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
I think the United States Post Office has a little more daunting task then the Brits Postal Service. We have a slightly larger area to cover, and slighty more people to patronage, wouldn't you say ?

I know people here love to complain about anything the US Government is involved in, but I have no complaints about our Postal Service.

I still find it amazing that I can send a letter from Pennsylvania to Texas to my Grandaughter, and she gleefuly recieves in 2 or 3 days. This for 38 cents

I subscribe to a weekly magazine, that arrives at my doorstep like clock work. Same day every week, no problem.

Therefore it is my belief that the blame is not the U.S. Post Office, rather the problem lies somewhere on the shipping end with Technote Magazine.

Larry Hawk

#40867 - 03/04/03 05:47 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Walt,

I still say we recieve our "Bulk mail" at a reasonable price in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm curious as to
The actual amount of time it takes to ship a magazine at bulk rate from your buisness to your customer.How long is that magazine actuallt stuck in the mail system ?

I'm not even sure what you mean by "slow" 3 days? 5 days? 7 Days? Where are you shipping it from and where are you shipping it to?

Could the US Postal service be quicker...maybe.. would we want to pay for this?...probably not.

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40868 - 03/04/03 06:53 PM Re: TECHNICS CONTEST/CORRECT E-MAIL
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
I must admit I do not understand. The US mail is being blamed. If I may submit this quote by Tony Smith on the technote forum: Quote - “I must apologise for the delay, I can confirm they have all been posted to you. We are using a new postal service via our new office and its fare to say that there are always teething problems. However, you should receive the magazine any day now and we will ensure that this does not happen again”.

The US mail is not a new postal service. I take that statement to mean it to be a mailing service company that does what is necessary to process the mailing for delivery by the US post office. He also states he will ensure that this does not happen again. It must be that mailing service who screwed up because Tony cannot ensure anything related to the United States Postal Service. The United States Postal Service is too old to have teething problems but I can see where the people preparing the magazines for posting could be having problems. All this indicates to me the United States Postal Service though it might not be the fastest, cannot be totally blamed for this screw-up although it is being used as the whipping boy. The same thing happened when computers started to be used in business. When people messed up they blamed the computer for their mistakes. People were fooled for a time but soon realized it was junk in, junk out. This is the way I look at the mess and will stick with it until proven different.

Grandpa Doug

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online