SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#408314 - 09/14/15 02:16 PM Re: Anyone having a hearing and pitch problem? [Re: Musicman22]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
The rep from the first company I bought my first set of aids from dutifully asked me what symptoms I was experiencing
that made me think I needed hearing aids. Among the list I mentioned I have trouble understanding what children and
women are saying.

Mr. smartguy says: "Don't worry about that. They never say anything important."

I ended up purchasing ITE (In The Ear) aids from him....and hated them. After finding the audiologist I mentioned
earlier, she fitted me with BTE (Behind The Ear) aids and spent a lot of time with me to program then for my
impairment. It made all the difference in the world.

#408319 - 09/14/15 03:52 PM Re: Anyone having a hearing and pitch problem? [Re: Musicman22]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
This forum is a gift, thank you Nigel. The topic we discuss and the information we receive can priceless; how else would I receive and compare.

I do not have a problem with pitch; In fact everything seems normal except for the high notes/sounds.
I stopped using the hearing aid when I play guitar, it accented the high and made them sound harsh. There was even fret noises I never heard before. I wonder if the fret noise was real and if it was how long was it there.

I have a three stage control which allows me to cut some of the highs. There are microscopic hairs in the ear; they transmit sounds to the brain. When these hairs begin to dry up you begin to lose your hearing. I try to use my hearing aids as much as possible because I was told that they are transmitting sounds to the brain keeping the ear hairs active. If I don’t, my hearing loss will increase faster.

I asked my mechanic if there was any way he could eliminate some of the road nose; I could not hear my wife's voice while driving. He looked at me and said, “Why would you want to fix that” – and he smiled.

The good news, for me. When I tune a piano or play my keyboard and guitar I do not wear the hearing aid. My only concern is what are they hearing out front.

John C.

#408333 - 09/15/15 01:44 AM Re: Anyone having a hearing and pitch problem? [Re: bruno123]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much John. It make is so worthwhile to keep it going with such a great online community here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online