Topic Options
#408103 - 09/10/15 11:25 AM New keyboard for composing RAP songs
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

smirk

Jerryghr

Attachments
Kawai.jpg

#408107 - 09/10/15 12:39 PM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Jerryghr]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
....and yet, it generates over 10 BILLION dollars a year according to Forbes.
http://www.forbes.com/2004/02/18/cx_jw_0218hiphop.html

...and for once, most of it is going into the pockets of the people who originated it.

BTW, that instrument is probably overkill for 'trance' and could probably cover a good chunk of Country. So why RAP....never mind, I'm guessing JayZ ($600m) and Dr. Dre ($3 billion) aren't overly concerned about the 'put downs'.

chas

#408109 - 09/10/15 01:18 PM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Jerryghr]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Well, now we know what they see when they see someone on an arranger doing one more bossanova.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408113 - 09/10/15 08:26 PM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

The sheetmusic stand is a bit overdone... They never going to use that as they cant read notes..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408119 - 09/11/15 05:11 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
The sheetmusic stand is a bit overdone... They never going to use that as they cant read notes..

Wow! Some of the people on this board never cease to amaze me. Oh well, I'll just keep hoping for a better world.....probably won't see it in my lifetime. I used to think the Europeans were better than that....guess not. Hope Nigel shuts this down.

chas

#408122 - 09/11/15 06:59 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Jerryghr]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I don't see the transpose buttons... Or octave buttons... Other than that all good.

#408127 - 09/11/15 07:52 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles

Wow! Some of the people on this board never cease to amaze me. Oh well, I'll just keep hoping for a better world.....probably won't see it in my lifetime. I used to think the Europeans were better than that....guess not. Hope Nigel shuts this down.

chas

what ever happened to understanding humor?

#408131 - 09/11/15 08:41 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Oh I love humor, just not racist humor....and please don't insult our (my) intelligence by trying to pretend it's anything other than that. Like I said, I really hope Nigel shuts this down so we can at least PRETEND that we're decent, tolerant human beings who, because of our mutual love of the arts, choose to rise above this kind of BS.

chas

#408134 - 09/11/15 09:03 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Oh I love humor, just not racist humor....and please don't insult our (my) intelligence by trying to pretend it's anything other than that. Like I said, I really hope Nigel shuts this down so we can at least PRETEND that we're decent, tolerant human beings who, because of our mutual love of the arts, choose to rise above this kind of BS.

chas
racist....

Go catch yourself a frog... Overhere in Holland we probably have as much white rappers and rapmusicfans as black... You own me an excuse for calling me a racist...

And i really mean that, your mind is totally fracked when you see racisme in my joke... Its just a fact that most of those musicians dont read notes

#408137 - 09/11/15 09:46 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Jerryghr]
cgiles Offline

Bachus, sorry, I didn't know Holland was such a hotbed for Rap music. For the record, I didn't call YOU a racist (I try to be VERY careful about those kinds of accusations), but from an American perspective, RAP, HIP-HOP, BLACK, THUG, GHETTO (or it's more PC name, 'inner-city'), are all pretty much synonymous, so for me, your little 'joke' had definite overtones that I found offensive. In my (admittedly meager) experience around here at some of the largest commercial studios in Atlanta (a TRUE hotbed for the production of Rap music), nearly all the musicians are degreed, highly trained professionals, who can probably read 'sheets' in the dark with sunglasses on.

For the record, I don't really care for Rap/Hip Hop as a musical form, but when the term is used in this way, I know it's not about the music, it's about the culture.

If you think I owe you an apology, then fine, I apologize, but be aware, this board DOES have a small sliver of diversity and IMO it is important to be sensitive to the feelings of ALL the members here.

chas

#408139 - 09/11/15 09:58 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Appology accepted...

Just tell me, how could a musician ever be a racist?
We listen and play Ray Charles, Fats Domino and Stevy Wonder...and realise how much the gift of their music means.

It was just a silly joke, but lets forget and not talk about it anymore, but about the music..

#408140 - 09/11/15 10:04 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

This is what dutch rap music evolved to...

#408141 - 09/11/15 10:24 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: Jerryghr]
cgiles Offline

Wow! JayZ, eat your heart out smile. That will probably top the charts here in Atlanta.

But it does beg the question; Can one really do RAP in a suit and tie?

smile

Peace my brother,

chas

PS: Not poking fun but I've heard better Rap at a Catholic Mass. Wait, WAS that a Catholic Mass?

#408142 - 09/11/15 10:50 AM Re: New keyboard for composing RAP songs [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
But it does beg the question; Can one really do RAP in a suit and tie?

Why not?

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online