Unregistered

Just dreaming...

Attachments
korg-pa-4x-module Kopie.jpg

#408083 - 09/09/15 06:41 PM Re: Korg PA-4X Module [Re: ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Wouldn't that be a good news.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408084 - 09/09/15 07:08 PM Re: Korg PA-4X Module [Re: mirza]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Great idea. To be practicable, it would have to condensed at bit more and perhaps some features would have to compromised, but a nice featured arranger at a fraction of the full keyboard version. Module idea certainly isn't new.

Personally, I would just go with one full keyboard arranger that suits my needs, but maybe some more adventurous users would want the best different worlds with features and sounds from perhaps two or more brands with a more cost effective option.

Marcus

#408086 - 09/09/15 11:22 PM Re: Korg PA-4X Module [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

In fact, my pic shows the Pa 4x top projected on the Korg M3 module, so This is the shape of module already formerly produced by Korg.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--KORM3M

Edited by rosetree (09/09/15 11:30 PM)

#408088 - 09/09/15 11:36 PM Re: Korg PA-4X Module [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
In fact, my pic shows the Pa 4x top projected on the Korg M3 module, so This is the shape of module already formerly produced by Korg.

Would be perfect addition to any Synth workstation.. Like Kronos or the new and upcomming Yamaha Montage (still to be anounced) or a stage piano like Nord stage or Roland RD800...

I once had a setup consisting out of a Yamaha S90Es, vsynth GT and the Audya 4..which convinced me that having an arranger module, works almost as good as having a real arranger keyboard. and with not having any 88 key TOTL arrangers available a module would be a great thing.

Still wondering why the formfactor of the M3 was left behind.. i briefly played an M3-88, and loved how you could remove the module from the keybed and place the module behind your arranger that reisded on top of the 88 keybed of the arranger..

actually the M3 is one of the things i am currently considering to add to my T5, i really prefer having 2 manuals 88 piano keys and 76 synth keys directly on top of eachother like an organ.. having the T5 on top of the Kronos created the usuall height gap which does not work that well when playing the arranger from the 88 keys, grabbing over to the controll knobs of T5 is just to big a move..

I never understood why they moved away from this modular setup with the Kronos..

Edited by Bachus (09/09/15 11:37 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408096 - 09/10/15 07:31 AM Re: Korg PA-4X Module [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Yes, it's a pity they abandoned the module system. Korg Germany once answered me that the Kronos technology wouldn't fit in the M3 module size. I also have to admit that in the pic I shrinked the PA-4X top a bit, actually with the big touchscreen the module would have to be a bit larger than the M3 module. But there has to be a way to realize something like this...
I certainly still miss my M3 module. Many great brass/woodwinds sounds like this:
https://soundcloud.com/korg/s013-albondigas-ex1

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online