SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#407999 - 09/08/15 11:19 AM Update
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm not dead yet! But, I came pretty close when the attending physician at the hospital decided my blood pressure was a bit low and reduced my beta blocker dosage by 80 percent, then canceled the other med entirely. My blood pressure shot up to 210/100, my pulse hit 110 and no one even blinked. Thank goodness I had the intelligence to call Carol and have her smuggle my meds from home to me, which immediately brought things under control. After six days in the hospital from Hell, I escaped, but I was anything but cured.

Since then, my C.Diff continues to plague me, sleep amounts to a couple hours a night at best, and nausea has been horrendous since I returned home. Today, I underwent an EGA, the doctor said the inside of your stomach looks horrible, but there is no sign of cancer or ulcers. However, it seems as if the medications you've been taking have eroded away the lining of your stomach and there is some minor bleeding, but not significant at this point.

He put me on what is known as the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apples, toast) and said I can no longer drink booze of any kind, (yetch), not even light beer, bland diet, no fats including light margarine, and he wants me to see him again in two weeks. Additionally, as soon as the C.Diff is resolved, he wants me to have a colonoscopy, which I'm not really looking forward to.

Since I was hospitalized, I've lost 24 pounds, I no longer have any muscle tone, my arms and legs are very thin, and I'm down to 198 pounds. I try to exercise a bit every day, but it's quite difficult. I just picked up my keyboard in it's case ( about 32 pounds) and it felt like it weighed a ton.

In the ensuing weeks I will inventory my gear, which is quite diverse, including my entertainer garments, silk vests, satin shirts and matching ties, guyabera shirts, all the really fancy stuff. Almost forgot, all the garments are XL and in good to excellent condition. I intend to keep one complete music rig so I can play at home and for private parties, and one performance clothing outfit (gotta look good for the ladies). I'll list all this on the for sale section of the site and what does not sell in two weeks will go on Ebay.

I wish to thank everyone for their well wishes, and I sincerely hoped I would have better news at this point, but the docs told me this may be a long, slow road to recovery.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (09/08/15 11:23 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#408002 - 09/08/15 12:08 PM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... Sorry to hear about the set back ...
Unfortunately, the older we get, the longer the recovery period ... stay strong ... "This too shall pass..."

We will keep you in our prayers ...

#408004 - 09/08/15 12:21 PM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Gary,

Buy a tin of condensed milk & a bottle of Lennons Turlingtons. Mix the two & store in fridge, Take one teaspoon in morn & one before going to bed. Within three days, your tummy lining problem will turn for the better & you'll notice it. You'll never let go of this medicine after experiencing the results.

I've been using for over 30 years.

Cheers,

Henni

#408005 - 09/08/15 12:43 PM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, stop trying to weasel out of that boat ride you promised me. All kidding aside though, I'm really hoping you come out of the other side of this thing with a long, active, and healthy retirement. As a person that's been active all your life, it seems very hard to accept the things you have to give up, but in time, you WILL adjust. Wishing you nothing but the best.

chas

#408006 - 09/08/15 12:51 PM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Hang in there, Gary.

#408009 - 09/08/15 01:29 PM Re: Update [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Attachments
lennon_lewensessens_drops_6001390060753.jpg

#408011 - 09/08/15 01:38 PM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

As soon as your stomach is better (probably better not before), you might also try Sauerkraut juice or even sour bread drink, it is supposed to strengthen your immune system. I drink both whenever I've caught the flue. There are no double-blind clinical studies about it but some MDs are convinced it is effective for many diseases. I guess the original Kanne bread drink is not available in the US but Sauerkraut juice might be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_Drink
http://realfoodforager.com/6-reasons-to-drink-fermented-cabbage-juice/

Edited by rosetree (09/08/15 01:54 PM)

#408014 - 09/08/15 02:13 PM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Henni, I'm not constipated, though there are times I wish I were. It's just the opposite - 12 to 20 times a day on the porcelain throne, thus no sleep.

Thanks guys,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#408021 - 09/08/15 03:34 PM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Gary,

This has nothing to do with constipation. It's about healing the walls of your stomach. Try it, you'll be glad you did...

Henni

#408024 - 09/08/15 04:46 PM Re: Update [Re: 124]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Here's hopin for better days. We, well me anyway, need you on this forum.

smile

#408101 - 09/10/15 09:43 AM Re: Update [Re: travlin'easy]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

No medical advice, just wishes that you will feel better real
soon. Old age ain't for sissys ! Regards, Lloyd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online