SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#407865 - 09/06/15 12:18 PM Devastated
Bachus Offline

We got home from our vacation home in the woods about an hour ago, just to find out we have been robbed over the weekend..

T5 gone, Kronos gone, all my modules, speakers and mixer gone, they even grabbed the cables, the stands and my piano bench. They also grabbed my wifes swarovski collection ( which probably was more valuable then all my gear together) our TV and some electronics... and turned our home into a huge chaoss

So we are both devastated...

However they didnt find our safe, and we had our laptops with us, my macbook and her buiseness laptop which contains her whole administration.

Luckilly we have good insurance, so most of the loss should be covered..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407866 - 09/06/15 12:26 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Wow, that's terrible! Very sorry to hear, I hope you'll recover, it's good you have insurance!
frown

#407868 - 09/06/15 12:34 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

What a shit, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm afraid of that, too, I always hope they are only on the lookout for smaller valuables instead of big instruments, but if they have enough time, you can't be sure.
You seem to live too close to Northrhine-Westphalia... As you probably know, we are experiencing record burglary numbers here, mostly due to organized burglar networks from abroad who disappear to their home countries again due to the open borders within Europe... terrible problem.
And what a pain if it is about things like musical instruments you put a lot of emotions in.

#407870 - 09/06/15 12:49 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Man, that is terrible. Good thing for insurance.
It looks like someone new what they were getting, not just random robbery.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#407871 - 09/06/15 12:53 PM Re: Devastated [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
What a shit, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm afraid of that, too, I always hope they are only on the lookout for smaller valuables instead of big instruments, but if they have enough time, you can't be sure.
You seem to live too close to Northrhine-Westphalia... As you probably know, we are experiencing record burglary numbers here, mostly due to organized burglar networks from abroad who disappear to their home countries again due to the open borders within Europe... terrible problem.
And what a pain if it is about things like musical instruments you put a lot of emotions in.

Yes asumably eastern european crime syndicates.. The instruments have probably allready left the country, making safe sales .. There is quite some rare modules i had, which if they turn up in a single online advertisements are quite recognisable...

But thats probably not going to happen...

Now its wayting till tommorow when i have an appointment with the insurance agancy...

#407872 - 09/06/15 12:56 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Insurance won't cover the hundreds, maybe thousands, of hours of work invested in software projects, hardware integration, registrations, performances, etc......the list goes on; PLUS, the awful feeling of violation of your personal space and future security concerns (you can never leave home again without worrying). So sorry to hear that. You really have to experience something like that to know what it's like.

I certainly HOPE you're well insured. Here, we would probably need a spedial insurance 'rider' to cover all that expensive gear. This should be a wakeup call to all of us to check your homeowners insurance and make sure your musical equipment is fully covered.

Good luck with this. It'll take awhile to recover emotionally but you'll get through it.

chas

#407873 - 09/06/15 12:59 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Here it is, the gear you should keep an eye out for...

Korg Kronos 88,
Yamaha Tyros5, Motif XSr, FS1C, EX5r,
Roland Integra7, VsynthXT, D550, System 1m,
Technics WSA1,
waldorf pulse,
Nord modular G2,
Oberheim Matrix 1000,
Kawai K5000r,
Access Virus Ti2 rack,
Ensoniq ESQm
novation Zero SL Mk2
Behringer X32

When you look at that list you realise there is a lot of unreplacable stuff there, the moduels where more of an investment but they where so much fun to tinker with..

If anyone sees them together in an advertisement.. Online... Just link me up..

Edited by Bachus (09/06/15 01:00 PM)

#407875 - 09/06/15 01:54 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
So sorry to hear this. It makes you feel like you were violated. We had that happen a number of years ago. My wife pulled up in the front yard as the burglars were going out the back door! We moved the next week to a safer area.

#407876 - 09/06/15 01:56 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I truly hop that whoever did this will be brought to justice. They have stolen a great part of your life that cannot be recovered. Regards, Lloyd

#407877 - 09/06/15 02:03 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

In my region, the crime clearance rate for burglaries has decreased to 16 percent!!! They leave Germany the same day, and international police co-ordination is not efficient.

#407878 - 09/06/15 02:11 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bachus very sorry to hear of your home beling burglarized, that is a devastating loss. I hope they catch the theives and punish them accordingly.

#407879 - 09/06/15 02:43 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Bachus: The gear (for the most part) can be replaced. The only plus is you and your wife weren't home at the time and are safe and physically un-harmed.

I'm in law enforcement in Florida and can say for certain...the world has become a very different place than it was when I grew up.

I hope you get things back in order soon.

Jingleman

#407881 - 09/06/15 03:03 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Beakybird Offline

OMG, that SUCKS! So sorry. I'm glad you have insurance.

My car window was smashed, and I lost a laptop 4 years ago. Nothing like what you experienced. Many years ago, when I was more bohemian and lived in Cambridge, MA, intruders came into my flat, and I woke up to see them rummage through my stuff and walk off with my guitar and amplifier. I felt so violated, I can't describe.

Best of luck getting your life back.

#407882 - 09/06/15 04:05 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I am saddened by this horrible event, especially to a fellow musician,...you must be traumatized and feel so violated. Material things can always be replaced thank God no one was home or injured in any way. Did you have an Alarm system in your home or cameras as today almost every one does which could help police? I hope insurance covers most of your loss to a point.

Take care

#407887 - 09/06/15 05:14 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bachus ... I know the feeling, as when we were still living in Staten Island NY, our home was broken into, and I am sure they went out the back as we were coming in the front ... and this was in a neighborhood where there are only 20 feet of property between houses ...
Unfortunately, the feeling of being violated stays around for a while ... we had an alarm put in immediately after, just to make us feel a little safer when we were away, and had one put into the house we built in RI ...

It certainly looks like whoever it was knew what they were taking, otherwise why bother with all the music gear ...
Of course I can't speak for your insurance policy, but I know that with many here in the US, as long as yu do not use the instruments 'professionally' the policy will cover the items - with a deductible of course ... however, if they are used 'professionally', they have to be individually listed on the policy ...
But, as chas said we all should check our insurance policy ...

I have to say, when I saw the topic subject I thought I was going to read about another health problem ... fortunately, no one was physically injured ...

I wish you the best ...

#407893 - 09/06/15 06:08 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When we first moved into our home, some young kid in the neighborhood, who was on drugs big time, tripped out ourdoor, heat sensitive flood lights, which lights up the entire perimeter of the house, plus the parking area. He was hoping to siphon some gas out of my van, had a gas can and a length of hose. I was still working for the state police back then, sneaked up behind him and yelled freeze! I thing he must have messed his pants when he saw that .38 pointed at him. I took him home to his parents, but apparently that did stop his drug habit. He died about 10 years later from a heroin overdose.

Those lights are a great deterrent to people, but the deer have grown quite accustomed to them. We also have an alarm system in the house as well - just to be on the safe side. I sold my old .38 when I left the Maryland State Police, and replaced it with a Remington 1148 12-ga and a .22 mag derringer. Better safe than sorry.

Those that have visited my home know that you cannot see the house from the roadway, which I sincerely believe is a blessing. No one seems to want to walk down that 300-foot driveway to see what's waiting for them at the other end.

Really sorry to hear of your loss, and I sincerely hope the bastards that did this are apprehended and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I know you have many, many years invested in your equipment and that, unfortunately, is not replaceable by insurance.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#407903 - 09/07/15 12:22 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Another slap in my face..

My home insurance which has my totall stuff insured against burglary, fire, floating and some more for 150k does have a specific max of 5k for musical instruments and $15k for valuables, was in the small prints.. never noticed...

#407906 - 09/07/15 03:23 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

That is really bad man. There is nothing we can say or do to ease the emotional pain you and your wife are going through right now.
And the insurance company being the biggest thieves of them all brings more salt on the wound.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#407907 - 09/07/15 03:49 AM Re: Devastated [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
That is really bad man. There is nothing we can say or do to ease the emotional pain you and your wife are going through right now.
And the insurance company being the biggest thieves of them all brings more salt on the wound.

We have survived worse, and there is enough money to order a new T5 and some 88 keys for under it, and i was barely using the modules...

Some things just happen and you can not change anything about it, or change it back..

I am going to contact Korg and Yamaha this afternoon to see if they can bloakc the serials when it comes to online content..

#407908 - 09/07/15 04:01 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Bachus, this whole theft thing is the shits, man. I hope it works out for you and things actually end up improving (as they sometimes do). Fortunately, I am in a secure apartment building, but the threat of theft was always looming when I lived at my own house, despite extensive security measures (I sometimes had prototypes at the house).

Good luck, sir.

Ian

#407913 - 09/07/15 06:06 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's horrible news Bachus. There aren't any words that can be said that have not already been said. At least you weren't there when the thrived broke in as that could've been a whole different story .

Keep your head up . You may have been knocked down but you have not been knocked out .

#407916 - 09/07/15 06:17 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
That’s bad news and I hope they get the culprits, however it seems like a targeted attack rather than random, so the police may already have a file on the perpetrators. (Over here in the UK you can get free advice from the crime prevention service to reduce the risk of theft, (Including how to disguise details of where you are online) and if you have something like that over there I suggest you make full use of it, as it will help to give you more peace of mind)

The 2nd point is to never accept what the insurance company says you are entitled too, (No matter what the small print says) but instead enter into negotiations with them to get the best deal. (Hopefully you will be able to resolve the situation quickly so that you can move forward)

Bill

#407921 - 09/07/15 07:23 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

Sorry to hear of this, Bachus. It's one of those things you don't pay much mind to, then bam! it happens. Don't even get me started on protection rac, er, insurance companies.

At least you and your wife suffered no physical harm. Stuff can always be replaced.

#407924 - 09/07/15 08:02 AM Re: Devastated [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
That’s bad news and I hope they get the culprits, however it seems like a targeted attack rather than random, so the police may already have a file on the perpetrators. (Over here in the UK you can get free advice from the crime prevention service to reduce the risk of theft, (Including how to disguise details of where you are online) and if you have something like that over there I suggest you make full use of it, as it will help to give you more peace of mind)

The 2nd point is to never accept what the insurance company says you are entitled too, (No matter what the small print says) but instead enter into negotiations with them to get the best deal. (Hopefully you will be able to resolve the situation quickly so that you can move forward)

Bill

I talked to the police yesterday, and they have a good indication who was resposible, a gang of professional Bulgarian burglars, mobsters, that plague the area, they have inside information and know exactly where to hit and when..

The gear is probably allready in eastern europe, they are so hard to catch because they never stay long in the Netherlands but get replaced by other mobsters of their gang. and most importantly never sell their stuff here..

And no, i dont give the insurance company any leverage, i will fight my moneys worth..

#407925 - 09/07/15 08:07 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

We have survived worse, and there is enough money to order a new T5 and some 88 keys for under it, and i was barely using the modules...

Some things just happen and you can not change anything about it, or change it back..

I am going to contact Korg and Yamaha this afternoon to see if they can bloakc the serials when it comes to online content..

Bachus ... you seem to have a great attitude about this which will certainly help ease the pain of what you are going through ...
Again, I wish you the best ...

#407926 - 09/07/15 08:13 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
It happened to me once. Insurance covered a little bit of it. Police weren't able to do much....although one piece was found at a pawn shop. It caused several sleepless night and elevated blood pressure. I wish you a speedy recovery to the angst.
Eddie

#407927 - 09/07/15 08:14 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
That's terrible news. My first thought was, I'm glad no one was home to confront these goons with the risk of injury or life ( as noted in previous posts above ).

My only suggestion is, insurance with replacement value coverage and keep all your data backed up offsite. I will also keep my eyes open for suspicious online sales of your equipment.

Good luck with replacing your great list of musical gear.

Regards, Marcus

#407928 - 09/07/15 08:20 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

I talked to the police yesterday, and they have a good indication who was resposible, a gang of professional Bulgarian burglars, mobsters, that plague the area, they have inside information and know exactly where to hit and when..

Some months ago, acquaintances of my parents had just left for vacation in the Mediterranean, the same evening their daughter was watering the flowers when she saw 5 masked men walking around the front yard. They quickly went away when they saw her - the next morning she found the house burglarized and totally devastated inside. They don't care about cameras and witnesses, as nobody can trace them to Eastern Europe. When the elderly couple came home and the daughter had to tell them, the man was hospitalized due to a circulatory collapse.

Edited by rosetree (09/07/15 08:26 AM)

#407929 - 09/07/15 08:30 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

I have decided to delete my comments as they would only cause controversy and this is not the right forum for that. My apologies to Mirza because it will seem he is responding to nothing.

Edited by DonM (09/07/15 08:57 AM)

#407932 - 09/07/15 08:45 AM Re: Devastated [Re: DonM]
mirza Offline

Soooo, let's have more guns is a solution for our safety. Nice.

#407934 - 09/07/15 08:50 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Yes Mirza, sad but true. Look at the facts.
Mirza, I deleted my comments made above. It's not the right forum for something as controversial as what I said, even though I have strong feelings about gun control. If anyone really wants to hear them I'll email you privately.
Be well my friend!

Edited by DonM (09/07/15 08:59 AM)

#407945 - 09/07/15 12:09 PM Re: Devastated [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Seems the insurance wasnt all that bad, they are considering the modules not to be instruments but electronics, which would be covered for some part by the insurance..

We are still loosing lots of money, but it aint going to be that bad...

Witouth keys in the house, it starts feeling empty and cold, so i started thinking about replacements..

#407947 - 09/07/15 12:22 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Did you have an alarm system?

#407950 - 09/07/15 12:29 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Yes, but its ancient, never tought about replacing it, we live in a really safe neighbourhood, i havent put it on in ages..

Yes i know, sloppy...

#407951 - 09/07/15 12:46 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

DonM, no need for that even if it is what it is.You do have a right to your own opinion even though I totally disagree with it. I think that all these guns is what got us to where we are now in North America.
Bachus I apologize for this off topic. We can only imagine what you feel right now. But , there are much worse things . Look at all these refugees we see every day.

Back to the topic. Are you considering pa4x instead of T5??

Edited by mirza (09/07/15 01:10 PM)

#407953 - 09/07/15 01:04 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Nothing to add friend but I hate to hear this.

#407961 - 09/07/15 03:11 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Yes, but its ancient, never tought about replacing it, we live in a really safe neighbourhood, i havent put it on in ages..

Yes i know, sloppy...

Also did they take many other items NON music related or not?

How many people know what you play...could the music stores be involved here, would they give out info on clients purchases? otherwise how would people know and ultimately break in for the gear only.....

#407967 - 09/07/15 09:19 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Three to six months after I had purchased a Ketron MidiJay on eBay a number of years ago, someone contacted me through the eBay messaging system. She wanted me to check the serial number saying that it was stolen out of her house. She couldn't believe that I responded at all let alone it was hers! She said that her police detective could not get my contact info from eBay and therefore and had to sign up for eBay himself though eBay's policy says that they will cooperate with the authorities. I was determined to get back to the thief and the selfish, unethical company eBay. I contacted the local authorities so that I could get my money back and the owner get her MidiJay back. The MidiJay was returned through my city police dept and I think it was my credit card company the good guy American Express that gave my money back. During the whole time, eBay didn't do a thing! It left a such a bad taste for eBay but it helped me from going on a shopping spree on eBay.

Thieves whether individuals or corporations in the end will pay a lot more than what they bargained for. Bachus, I am sorry about the loss. The thieves might have taken your musical gear, but not your music. This is a pretty sickening thing that you and your wife are going through and I say this very carefully and meaningfully; I hope that somehow this terrible deal will be turned into a blessing in disguise. I also hope that all this support from the members will strengthen you so that you can, in turn, comfort your wife.

Chris

Edited by Torch (09/07/15 09:53 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#407968 - 09/07/15 09:22 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Yes i know, sloppy...

Also did they take many other items NON music related or not?

How many people know what you play...could the music stores be involved here, would they give out info on clients purchases? otherwise how would people know and ultimately break in for the gear only.....

We think its my wifes Swarovski collection that triggered them, it can be seen from outside. Otherwise we can not think of anyone else but the windowcleaner, because for the rest its only friends and fammily that know

Music shops, not very likely, because i mostly bought the stuff used trough online adds. Internet relations? not likely because i try mostly to be anonominous online because of my daytime job.

Next to the music stuff and Swarovski collection they took some electronics like my TV, appletv module, printer and our bikes (which are quite expensive on themselves) its obvious they had some real transportation

But luckilly nothing that cant be replace, like my wifes fammily jewles that where in the safe our inreplacable things from our doughter that died way to young.

As many said, we realise its only material, and it can be replaced..

Back to the topic. Are you considering pa4x instead of T5??

No, absolutely not, i loved my T5-76, thats the only piece of gear i certainly know i am going to need to replace. And for the rest, i will buy an 88 board and a probably a novation Zero SL mkii. I will need an audio interface or mixer for the mac and some speakers and a new headset and new stands and a new MFC10 and other peddals and cables. If i get enough insurance money, for all of this, i will be happy

Dont know however if i ever will rebuild my modules collection in which i invested in the last 2 years. They where incredibly fun to play with but nothing i can not do with the VSTs.

As said, the only real inreplacable part of my setup was probably the T5, such a jewel. probably going to pick it up over the weekend, i know where to get a sweet deal 3500 Euro with 1k memmory and 2 expansion packs and a USB smartdrive loaded with songs, styles and sounds..

Edited by Bachus (09/07/15 09:26 PM)

#407988 - 09/08/15 08:28 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I would certainly first invest & install a really good security system all tru the house with cameras inside & out and silent alarm call to police also before buying anything .....
as they might return again who knows?...be safe rather then sorry.

Edited by Dnj (09/08/15 08:28 AM)

#407993 - 09/08/15 09:11 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sorry to hear of this. I know many people who have had a home invasion. Several months ago, my 12 year old Great Pyrenees was pacing around outside all night. Her bark is almost gone and she is really feeble, but poor dear was trying to do her job. In the morning, I found that someone had tried to take the latch off the gate to the back yard.

I went out an got a new Pyrenees puppy the next day. Now, she's destroying more than the thief would have!

Sad world, sometimes, isn't it?

Russ

#408025 - 09/08/15 04:53 PM Re: Devastated [Re: captain Russ]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Here's hoping you come out o.k. So sorry to hear of what happened.

When you wrote this thread, we were 800 miles away from where we live visiting kids. Immediately, I did a mental checklist of what was secure and what wasn't. Scary to say the least.

I've dealt with insurance companies before(actually was an insurance agent for a while) on claims. Not fun. They are more than happy to sell you 'just what you need' but not so happy to actually pay up when the time comes.

Best of luck. Shouldn't happen to anyone.

#408030 - 09/08/15 06:04 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bachus you sound like a strong individual, be ready to do battle with the insurance people, they can be ruthless. The invasion of your home is unforgivable.

Years back I was tired so I left my equipment in my. The car was on the driveway eight feet from my home. I brought my guitar into the house. The next morning the car was gone. It took me a little while to believe what had happened. I walked part of the driveway and still couldn’t believe. When I accepted what had happened I was angry. I was angry because of my wife’s safety, my home was invaded and it was going to take a while before I felt secure again.

The insurance people told me that I was not covered; they were wrong. Any personal items within ten feet of my home my equipment were covered. They took advantage of every angle including of age of the instruments. And if I didn’t have a sales slip they would not cover the item.

I say this tongue-in-cheek, I played their game and got enough money to cover the replacement of all my stuff.

John C.

#408037 - 09/08/15 10:05 PM Re: Devastated [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Bachus you sound like a strong individual, be ready to do battle with the insurance people, they can be ruthless. The invasion of your home is unforgivable.

Years back I was tired so I left my equipment in my. The car was on the driveway eight feet from my home. I brought my guitar into the house. The next morning the car was gone. It took me a little while to believe what had happened. I walked part of the driveway and still couldn’t believe. When I accepted what had happened I was angry. I was angry because of my wife’s safety, my home was invaded and it was going to take a while before I felt secure again.

The insurance people told me that I was not covered; they were wrong. Any personal items within ten feet of my home my equipment were covered. They took advantage of every angle including of age of the instruments. And if I didn’t have a sales slip they would not cover the item.

I say this tongue-in-cheek, I played their game and got enough money to cover the replacement of all my stuff.

John C.

Reading up on insurance pollicies, and specific instrument insurances, i found out the in the Netehrlands you instruments are not insured when in a car between 22.00 and 08.0 unless the car is parked in a locked down area like a garagebox or protected parking.

Currently i think i am happy with where the insurance is going, i negotiated that i will get the vlue for the modules and components that it will cost me to replace them, same goes for the other electronics and my wifes swarovsky collection. and i will get €5000 for my 2 actuall instruments the T5 and K88 for which i payed a total of €6000

in the end i will certainly sign up for that...

But no new T5 over the weekend, my wife decided that we need a vacation and we will visit a resort in Turkey for a week.. enjoying the sun and recovering from our bad luck, its what we call last minute bookings..

So the T5 will have to wayt... Luckilly i found a nice thing to do, been creating mainstage setups yesterday evening, Mainstage 3 is really nice for playing VST instruments from a keyboard... and it has touchcontroll from the ipad..

#408059 - 09/09/15 09:30 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Bachus, It sounds like you and your wife are bouncing back pretty well from this ordeal, and that is the most important thing ... enjoy your vacation ...

#408072 - 09/09/15 02:06 PM Re: Devastated [Re: tony mads usa]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
The upside...sorry...if there is an upside...don't mean to be callous here....

Is that if insurance will in fact compensate you for the loss, you can rethink what you want to do equipment wise.

Hope all goes well.

#408073 - 09/09/15 02:16 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Reading up on insurance pollicies, and specific instrument insurances, i found out the in the Netehrlands you instruments are not insured when in a car between 22.00 and 08.0 unless the car is parked in a locked down area like a garagebox or protected parking.

Interesting. Here in Germany, I've always heard that NOTHING in a car is ever covered by insurance unless it is a part of the car itself and attached to the car. My car has been burgled three times already, and in 2002 my complete car was gone and was never found again (I remember staggering around the huge university parking lot for an hour in disbelief). So I NEVER leave anything valuable inside the car.

Edited by rosetree (09/09/15 02:19 PM)

#408074 - 09/09/15 02:32 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

But no new T5 over the weekend, my wife decided that we need a vacation and we will visit a resort in Turkey for a week.. enjoying the sun and recovering from our bad luck, its what we call last minute bookings..

Good decision...: (from www.wetteronline.de)

Attachments
TempEurope20150909.jpg

#408077 - 09/09/15 04:33 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Interestingly, I know of very few musicians that have a separate insurance policy on their gear. Since I began playing I decided that the equipment was worth insuring and went about shopping for a great policy. My policy, which is provided by Erie Insurance Exchange, covers all of my gear against ALL HAZARDS! It's covered while transporting in my van, it's covered while I'm performing, it's covered when stored at home in my office, or even when it's in my van. It's covered against fire, theft, flood, and even negligence if some drunk happens to dump a pitcher of beer over the keyboard or amp. And, it is covered for full replacement value - no depreciation. And, I insure everything from the keyboard stand to the mic and everything in between. The cost is an outrageous $76 per year - yep, that's it.

Some folks are probably skeptical about this, however, I did have an occasion to make a claim several years ago when my van was broadsided on I-95 near the Baltimore Beltway when some idiot talking on his cell decided he was in the wrong lane to make the exit. He slammed my full-size Ford Van at 65 MPH, I spun out and went over an embankment and slammed into some rip-rap boulders 50 feet off the roadway. He hit me right behind the sliding door, right where the keyboard was sitting. My beloved PSR-5700 was toast, but I was, fortunately, not injured. My van was totaled.

My van and all the gear was towed to a repair facility close to home that was owned by a friend of mine. As we were transferring my gear into my wife's car, I got a sick feeling when I picked up the keyboard case. I called the insurance agent, they arrived 30 minutes later, took some photos, and said "Don't worry, your covered." I was on the phone an hour later and called Washington Music, they overnighted me a brand new 5700 and the insurance company picked up the entire tab.

This should be food for thought for those of you that DO NOT carry a separate policy on your gear. Make a few telephone calls - you will find good coverage at a premium you can afford. Realistically, you cannot afford to be without it.

All the best,

Gary cool

#408085 - 09/09/15 09:57 PM Re: Devastated [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Interestingly, I know of very few musicians that have a separate insurance policy on their gear. Since I began playing I decided that the equipment was worth insuring and went about shopping for a great policy. My policy, which is provided by Erie Insurance Exchange, covers all of my gear against ALL HAZARDS! It's covered while transporting in my van, it's covered while I'm performing, it's covered when stored at home in my office, or even when it's in my van. It's covered against fire, theft, flood, and even negligence if some drunk happens to dump a pitcher of beer over the keyboard or amp. And, it is covered for full replacement value - no depreciation. And, I insure everything from the keyboard stand to the mic and everything in between. The cost is an outrageous $76 per year - yep, that's it.

Some folks are probably skeptical about this, however, I did have an occasion to make a claim several years ago when my van was broadsided on I-95 near the Baltimore Beltway when some idiot talking on his cell decided he was in the wrong lane to make the exit. He slammed my full-size Ford Van at 65 MPH, I spun out and went over an embankment and slammed into some rip-rap boulders 50 feet off the roadway. He hit me right behind the sliding door, right where the keyboard was sitting. My beloved PSR-5700 was toast, but I was, fortunately, not injured. My van was totaled.

My van and all the gear was towed to a repair facility close to home that was owned by a friend of mine. As we were transferring my gear into my wife's car, I got a sick feeling when I picked up the keyboard case. I called the insurance agent, they arrived 30 minutes later, took some photos, and said "Don't worry, your covered." I was on the phone an hour later and called Washington Music, they overnighted me a brand new 5700 and the insurance company picked up the entire tab.

This should be food for thought for those of you that DO NOT carry a separate policy on your gear. Make a few telephone calls - you will find good coverage at a premium you can afford. Realistically, you cannot afford to be without it.

All the best,

Gary cool

Since i never play out, i was under the impression that it was all covered by my home insurance.... in the end i was almost right, loosing about €1000 on the equipment but getting more on the bikes and electronics then expected, everything less then 5 years old gets newprice vallue ... giving me a total of over €29k which offcourse is a huge sum... my wifes Swarovski collection was well worth over $12k, so i am pretty much convinced the bikes and instruments where colleteral damaga, and it where her shinies that attracted the burglars.

I made some inquiries about instrument insurance and thats about 3% of the instruments new price a year... well worth it for gigging musicians, but not so much for homeplayers or studios there are cheaper ways to get everything covered, i could have expanded my home insurance with more valluables or instruments if i specify them as vauluables and thats about .75% with my current home insurance..

#408447 - 09/17/15 10:19 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Here an update..

We are enjoying a brief vacation in Turkey
While i just got a confirmation mail that the insurance money is on my bankaccount by tomorrow

I will be picking up a brandnew T5 (76) early next week...
I am also in the market for a new audio interface for the Mac and some studio monitors

Still not decided on the 88 keys... Tough Kronos is a beast, i would prefer something that i can put directly under the Tyros like the Roland A88

I will probably stay away from any more modules, tough the integra7 is a real beast that i loved very very much. If i go for the Kronos after all, i will get an integra to, giving met the best yamaha,korg and Roland have to offer..

However, having Tyros 5, an 88 key controller, a small midi controller with encoders and touchsensitive pads and my macbook with mainstage and vsts will probably be more then anyone ever needs.. But that would mean no more Karma to play around with...

The only thing i am sure about is the Tyros... And my macbook

To be continued....

#408448 - 09/17/15 10:38 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Beakybird Offline

Glad things are working out. Have a fantastic vacation! If it gets chilly, you can quit cold Turkey.

#408449 - 09/17/15 10:51 AM Re: Devastated [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Never needed instrument insurance when I played the accordion.

Once I left my accordion in an unlocked car, and when I returned there were two more in the back seat.

#408451 - 09/17/15 11:32 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Jerryghr]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

Once I left my accordion in an unlocked car, and when I returned there were two more in the back seat.

Probably one was mine, i rried playing knobs hohner, but quickly returned to only black and white keys

#408457 - 09/17/15 11:55 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

I'm sure chas will love that one ...

Attachments
Akkordeon_zps50d54763.gif~c200.gif

#408462 - 09/17/15 12:44 PM Re: Devastated [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

I'm sure chas will love that one ...

Guilty! I'm still chuckling smile smile smile.

chas

#408697 - 09/22/15 11:04 AM Re: Devastated [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Here i am again sitting behind a brand new T5
(on an old wiggly X-stand )

Next up for replacement...

-piano bench and duall-stand
-Speakers
-Audio interface
-88 keys

But i am not in a hurry.. there is a lot to enjoy about my Tyros 5

#408699 - 09/22/15 11:10 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

My Condolences grin grin

Bill

#408705 - 09/22/15 11:26 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Bachus, glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you.

All the best,

Gary cool

#408706 - 09/22/15 11:28 AM Re: Devastated [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

My Condolences grin grin

Bill

Its allways a trade off, but the moment Wersi has an 88 key OAX i might change my mind...

#408715 - 09/22/15 01:38 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

(on an old wiggly X-stand )

I was looking for a photo ...

#408719 - 09/22/15 02:50 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Yesterday I heard in the news that a notorious burglar gang with a Dutch car was arrested in Mönchengladbach (not far from Maastricht), with some stolen items. Probably not with a Tyros and Kronos, but maybe it was them.
German link to police press release:
http://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/30127/3127088

Edited by rosetree (09/22/15 02:51 PM)

#408736 - 09/22/15 09:38 PM Re: Devastated [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Yesterday I heard in the news that a notorious burglar gang with a Dutch car was arrested in Mönchengladbach (not far from Maastricht), with some stolen items. Probably not with a Tyros and Kronos, but maybe it was them.
German link to police press release:
http://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/30127/3127088

We will probably never know... if it was them.. but the more criminals behind bars, the better.

I dont think they however will stay more then a few months in jail

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online