SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#407934 - 09/07/15 08:50 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes Mirza, sad but true. Look at the facts.
Mirza, I deleted my comments made above. It's not the right forum for something as controversial as what I said, even though I have strong feelings about gun control. If anyone really wants to hear them I'll email you privately.
Be well my friend!

Edited by DonM (09/07/15 08:59 AM)

#407945 - 09/07/15 12:09 PM Re: Devastated [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Seems the insurance wasnt all that bad, they are considering the modules not to be instruments but electronics, which would be covered for some part by the insurance..

We are still loosing lots of money, but it aint going to be that bad...

Witouth keys in the house, it starts feeling empty and cold, so i started thinking about replacements..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407947 - 09/07/15 12:22 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Did you have an alarm system?

#407950 - 09/07/15 12:29 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Yes, but its ancient, never tought about replacing it, we live in a really safe neighbourhood, i havent put it on in ages..

Yes i know, sloppy...

#407951 - 09/07/15 12:46 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
DonM, no need for that even if it is what it is.You do have a right to your own opinion even though I totally disagree with it. I think that all these guns is what got us to where we are now in North America.
Bachus I apologize for this off topic. We can only imagine what you feel right now. But , there are much worse things . Look at all these refugees we see every day.

Back to the topic. Are you considering pa4x instead of T5??

Edited by mirza (09/07/15 01:10 PM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#407953 - 09/07/15 01:04 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Nothing to add friend but I hate to hear this.

#407961 - 09/07/15 03:11 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Yes, but its ancient, never tought about replacing it, we live in a really safe neighbourhood, i havent put it on in ages..

Yes i know, sloppy...

Also did they take many other items NON music related or not?

How many people know what you play...could the music stores be involved here, would they give out info on clients purchases? otherwise how would people know and ultimately break in for the gear only.....

#407967 - 09/07/15 09:19 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Three to six months after I had purchased a Ketron MidiJay on eBay a number of years ago, someone contacted me through the eBay messaging system. She wanted me to check the serial number saying that it was stolen out of her house. She couldn't believe that I responded at all let alone it was hers! She said that her police detective could not get my contact info from eBay and therefore and had to sign up for eBay himself though eBay's policy says that they will cooperate with the authorities. I was determined to get back to the thief and the selfish, unethical company eBay. I contacted the local authorities so that I could get my money back and the owner get her MidiJay back. The MidiJay was returned through my city police dept and I think it was my credit card company the good guy American Express that gave my money back. During the whole time, eBay didn't do a thing! It left a such a bad taste for eBay but it helped me from going on a shopping spree on eBay.

Thieves whether individuals or corporations in the end will pay a lot more than what they bargained for. Bachus, I am sorry about the loss. The thieves might have taken your musical gear, but not your music. This is a pretty sickening thing that you and your wife are going through and I say this very carefully and meaningfully; I hope that somehow this terrible deal will be turned into a blessing in disguise. I also hope that all this support from the members will strengthen you so that you can, in turn, comfort your wife.

Chris

Edited by Torch (09/07/15 09:53 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#407968 - 09/07/15 09:22 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Yes i know, sloppy...

Also did they take many other items NON music related or not?

How many people know what you play...could the music stores be involved here, would they give out info on clients purchases? otherwise how would people know and ultimately break in for the gear only.....

We think its my wifes Swarovski collection that triggered them, it can be seen from outside. Otherwise we can not think of anyone else but the windowcleaner, because for the rest its only friends and fammily that know

Music shops, not very likely, because i mostly bought the stuff used trough online adds. Internet relations? not likely because i try mostly to be anonominous online because of my daytime job.

Next to the music stuff and Swarovski collection they took some electronics like my TV, appletv module, printer and our bikes (which are quite expensive on themselves) its obvious they had some real transportation

But luckilly nothing that cant be replace, like my wifes fammily jewles that where in the safe our inreplacable things from our doughter that died way to young.

As many said, we realise its only material, and it can be replaced..

Originally Posted By: mirza

Back to the topic. Are you considering pa4x instead of T5??

No, absolutely not, i loved my T5-76, thats the only piece of gear i certainly know i am going to need to replace. And for the rest, i will buy an 88 board and a probably a novation Zero SL mkii. I will need an audio interface or mixer for the mac and some speakers and a new headset and new stands and a new MFC10 and other peddals and cables. If i get enough insurance money, for all of this, i will be happy

Dont know however if i ever will rebuild my modules collection in which i invested in the last 2 years. They where incredibly fun to play with but nothing i can not do with the VSTs.

As said, the only real inreplacable part of my setup was probably the T5, such a jewel. probably going to pick it up over the weekend, i know where to get a sweet deal 3500 Euro with 1k memmory and 2 expansion packs and a USB smartdrive loaded with songs, styles and sounds..

Edited by Bachus (09/07/15 09:26 PM)

#407988 - 09/08/15 08:28 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I would certainly first invest & install a really good security system all tru the house with cameras inside & out and silent alarm call to police also before buying anything .....
as they might return again who knows?...be safe rather then sorry.

Edited by Dnj (09/08/15 08:28 AM)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online