SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#407913 - 09/07/15 06:06 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's horrible news Bachus. There aren't any words that can be said that have not already been said. At least you weren't there when the thrived broke in as that could've been a whole different story .

Keep your head up . You may have been knocked down but you have not been knocked out .

#407916 - 09/07/15 06:17 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
That’s bad news and I hope they get the culprits, however it seems like a targeted attack rather than random, so the police may already have a file on the perpetrators. (Over here in the UK you can get free advice from the crime prevention service to reduce the risk of theft, (Including how to disguise details of where you are online) and if you have something like that over there I suggest you make full use of it, as it will help to give you more peace of mind)

The 2nd point is to never accept what the insurance company says you are entitled too, (No matter what the small print says) but instead enter into negotiations with them to get the best deal. (Hopefully you will be able to resolve the situation quickly so that you can move forward)

Bill

#407921 - 09/07/15 07:23 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

Sorry to hear of this, Bachus. It's one of those things you don't pay much mind to, then bam! it happens. Don't even get me started on protection rac, er, insurance companies.

At least you and your wife suffered no physical harm. Stuff can always be replaced.

#407924 - 09/07/15 08:02 AM Re: Devastated [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
That’s bad news and I hope they get the culprits, however it seems like a targeted attack rather than random, so the police may already have a file on the perpetrators. (Over here in the UK you can get free advice from the crime prevention service to reduce the risk of theft, (Including how to disguise details of where you are online) and if you have something like that over there I suggest you make full use of it, as it will help to give you more peace of mind)

The 2nd point is to never accept what the insurance company says you are entitled too, (No matter what the small print says) but instead enter into negotiations with them to get the best deal. (Hopefully you will be able to resolve the situation quickly so that you can move forward)

Bill

I talked to the police yesterday, and they have a good indication who was resposible, a gang of professional Bulgarian burglars, mobsters, that plague the area, they have inside information and know exactly where to hit and when..

The gear is probably allready in eastern europe, they are so hard to catch because they never stay long in the Netherlands but get replaced by other mobsters of their gang. and most importantly never sell their stuff here..

And no, i dont give the insurance company any leverage, i will fight my moneys worth..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407925 - 09/07/15 08:07 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: mirza
That is really bad man. There is nothing we can say or do to ease the emotional pain you and your wife are going through right now.
And the insurance company being the biggest thieves of them all brings more salt on the wound.

We have survived worse, and there is enough money to order a new T5 and some 88 keys for under it, and i was barely using the modules...

Some things just happen and you can not change anything about it, or change it back..

I am going to contact Korg and Yamaha this afternoon to see if they can bloakc the serials when it comes to online content..

Bachus ... you seem to have a great attitude about this which will certainly help ease the pain of what you are going through ...
Again, I wish you the best ...

#407926 - 09/07/15 08:13 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
It happened to me once. Insurance covered a little bit of it. Police weren't able to do much....although one piece was found at a pawn shop. It caused several sleepless night and elevated blood pressure. I wish you a speedy recovery to the angst.
Eddie

#407927 - 09/07/15 08:14 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
That's terrible news. My first thought was, I'm glad no one was home to confront these goons with the risk of injury or life ( as noted in previous posts above ).

My only suggestion is, insurance with replacement value coverage and keep all your data backed up offsite. I will also keep my eyes open for suspicious online sales of your equipment.

Good luck with replacing your great list of musical gear.

Regards, Marcus

#407928 - 09/07/15 08:20 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus
I talked to the police yesterday, and they have a good indication who was resposible, a gang of professional Bulgarian burglars, mobsters, that plague the area, they have inside information and know exactly where to hit and when..

Some months ago, acquaintances of my parents had just left for vacation in the Mediterranean, the same evening their daughter was watering the flowers when she saw 5 masked men walking around the front yard. They quickly went away when they saw her - the next morning she found the house burglarized and totally devastated inside. They don't care about cameras and witnesses, as nobody can trace them to Eastern Europe. When the elderly couple came home and the daughter had to tell them, the man was hospitalized due to a circulatory collapse.

Edited by rosetree (09/07/15 08:26 AM)

#407929 - 09/07/15 08:30 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have decided to delete my comments as they would only cause controversy and this is not the right forum for that. My apologies to Mirza because it will seem he is responding to nothing.

Edited by DonM (09/07/15 08:57 AM)

#407932 - 09/07/15 08:45 AM Re: Devastated [Re: DonM]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Soooo, let's have more guns is a solution for our safety. Nice.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online