SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#407878 - 09/06/15 02:11 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bachus very sorry to hear of your home beling burglarized, that is a devastating loss. I hope they catch the theives and punish them accordingly.

#407879 - 09/06/15 02:43 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Bachus: The gear (for the most part) can be replaced. The only plus is you and your wife weren't home at the time and are safe and physically un-harmed.

I'm in law enforcement in Florida and can say for certain...the world has become a very different place than it was when I grew up.

I hope you get things back in order soon.

Jingleman

#407881 - 09/06/15 03:03 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Beakybird Offline

OMG, that SUCKS! So sorry. I'm glad you have insurance.

My car window was smashed, and I lost a laptop 4 years ago. Nothing like what you experienced. Many years ago, when I was more bohemian and lived in Cambridge, MA, intruders came into my flat, and I woke up to see them rummage through my stuff and walk off with my guitar and amplifier. I felt so violated, I can't describe.

Best of luck getting your life back.

#407882 - 09/06/15 04:05 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I am saddened by this horrible event, especially to a fellow musician,...you must be traumatized and feel so violated. Material things can always be replaced thank God no one was home or injured in any way. Did you have an Alarm system in your home or cameras as today almost every one does which could help police? I hope insurance covers most of your loss to a point.

Take care

#407887 - 09/06/15 05:14 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bachus ... I know the feeling, as when we were still living in Staten Island NY, our home was broken into, and I am sure they went out the back as we were coming in the front ... and this was in a neighborhood where there are only 20 feet of property between houses ...
Unfortunately, the feeling of being violated stays around for a while ... we had an alarm put in immediately after, just to make us feel a little safer when we were away, and had one put into the house we built in RI ...

It certainly looks like whoever it was knew what they were taking, otherwise why bother with all the music gear ...
Of course I can't speak for your insurance policy, but I know that with many here in the US, as long as yu do not use the instruments 'professionally' the policy will cover the items - with a deductible of course ... however, if they are used 'professionally', they have to be individually listed on the policy ...
But, as chas said we all should check our insurance policy ...

I have to say, when I saw the topic subject I thought I was going to read about another health problem ... fortunately, no one was physically injured ...

I wish you the best ...

#407893 - 09/06/15 06:08 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When we first moved into our home, some young kid in the neighborhood, who was on drugs big time, tripped out ourdoor, heat sensitive flood lights, which lights up the entire perimeter of the house, plus the parking area. He was hoping to siphon some gas out of my van, had a gas can and a length of hose. I was still working for the state police back then, sneaked up behind him and yelled freeze! I thing he must have messed his pants when he saw that .38 pointed at him. I took him home to his parents, but apparently that did stop his drug habit. He died about 10 years later from a heroin overdose.

Those lights are a great deterrent to people, but the deer have grown quite accustomed to them. We also have an alarm system in the house as well - just to be on the safe side. I sold my old .38 when I left the Maryland State Police, and replaced it with a Remington 1148 12-ga and a .22 mag derringer. Better safe than sorry.

Those that have visited my home know that you cannot see the house from the roadway, which I sincerely believe is a blessing. No one seems to want to walk down that 300-foot driveway to see what's waiting for them at the other end.

Really sorry to hear of your loss, and I sincerely hope the bastards that did this are apprehended and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I know you have many, many years invested in your equipment and that, unfortunately, is not replaceable by insurance.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#407903 - 09/07/15 12:22 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Another slap in my face..

My home insurance which has my totall stuff insured against burglary, fire, floating and some more for 150k does have a specific max of 5k for musical instruments and $15k for valuables, was in the small prints.. never noticed...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407906 - 09/07/15 03:23 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
That is really bad man. There is nothing we can say or do to ease the emotional pain you and your wife are going through right now.
And the insurance company being the biggest thieves of them all brings more salt on the wound.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#407907 - 09/07/15 03:49 AM Re: Devastated [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
That is really bad man. There is nothing we can say or do to ease the emotional pain you and your wife are going through right now.
And the insurance company being the biggest thieves of them all brings more salt on the wound.

We have survived worse, and there is enough money to order a new T5 and some 88 keys for under it, and i was barely using the modules...

Some things just happen and you can not change anything about it, or change it back..

I am going to contact Korg and Yamaha this afternoon to see if they can bloakc the serials when it comes to online content..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407908 - 09/07/15 04:01 AM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Bachus, this whole theft thing is the shits, man. I hope it works out for you and things actually end up improving (as they sometimes do). Fortunately, I am in a secure apartment building, but the threat of theft was always looming when I lived at my own house, despite extensive security measures (I sometimes had prototypes at the house).

Good luck, sir.

Ian

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online