SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#407865 - 09/06/15 12:18 PM Devastated
Bachus Offline

We got home from our vacation home in the woods about an hour ago, just to find out we have been robbed over the weekend..

T5 gone, Kronos gone, all my modules, speakers and mixer gone, they even grabbed the cables, the stands and my piano bench. They also grabbed my wifes swarovski collection ( which probably was more valuable then all my gear together) our TV and some electronics... and turned our home into a huge chaoss

So we are both devastated...

However they didnt find our safe, and we had our laptops with us, my macbook and her buiseness laptop which contains her whole administration.

Luckilly we have good insurance, so most of the loss should be covered..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407866 - 09/06/15 12:26 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Wow, that's terrible! Very sorry to hear, I hope you'll recover, it's good you have insurance!
frown

#407868 - 09/06/15 12:34 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

What a shit, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm afraid of that, too, I always hope they are only on the lookout for smaller valuables instead of big instruments, but if they have enough time, you can't be sure.
You seem to live too close to Northrhine-Westphalia... As you probably know, we are experiencing record burglary numbers here, mostly due to organized burglar networks from abroad who disappear to their home countries again due to the open borders within Europe... terrible problem.
And what a pain if it is about things like musical instruments you put a lot of emotions in.

#407870 - 09/06/15 12:49 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Man, that is terrible. Good thing for insurance.
It looks like someone new what they were getting, not just random robbery.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#407871 - 09/06/15 12:53 PM Re: Devastated [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
What a shit, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm afraid of that, too, I always hope they are only on the lookout for smaller valuables instead of big instruments, but if they have enough time, you can't be sure.
You seem to live too close to Northrhine-Westphalia... As you probably know, we are experiencing record burglary numbers here, mostly due to organized burglar networks from abroad who disappear to their home countries again due to the open borders within Europe... terrible problem.
And what a pain if it is about things like musical instruments you put a lot of emotions in.

Yes asumably eastern european crime syndicates.. The instruments have probably allready left the country, making safe sales .. There is quite some rare modules i had, which if they turn up in a single online advertisements are quite recognisable...

But thats probably not going to happen...

Now its wayting till tommorow when i have an appointment with the insurance agancy...

#407872 - 09/06/15 12:56 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Insurance won't cover the hundreds, maybe thousands, of hours of work invested in software projects, hardware integration, registrations, performances, etc......the list goes on; PLUS, the awful feeling of violation of your personal space and future security concerns (you can never leave home again without worrying). So sorry to hear that. You really have to experience something like that to know what it's like.

I certainly HOPE you're well insured. Here, we would probably need a spedial insurance 'rider' to cover all that expensive gear. This should be a wakeup call to all of us to check your homeowners insurance and make sure your musical equipment is fully covered.

Good luck with this. It'll take awhile to recover emotionally but you'll get through it.

chas

#407873 - 09/06/15 12:59 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Here it is, the gear you should keep an eye out for...

Korg Kronos 88,
Yamaha Tyros5, Motif XSr, FS1C, EX5r,
Roland Integra7, VsynthXT, D550, System 1m,
Technics WSA1,
waldorf pulse,
Nord modular G2,
Oberheim Matrix 1000,
Kawai K5000r,
Access Virus Ti2 rack,
Ensoniq ESQm
novation Zero SL Mk2
Behringer X32

When you look at that list you realise there is a lot of unreplacable stuff there, the moduels where more of an investment but they where so much fun to tinker with..

If anyone sees them together in an advertisement.. Online... Just link me up..

Edited by Bachus (09/06/15 01:00 PM)

#407875 - 09/06/15 01:54 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
So sorry to hear this. It makes you feel like you were violated. We had that happen a number of years ago. My wife pulled up in the front yard as the burglars were going out the back door! We moved the next week to a safer area.

#407876 - 09/06/15 01:56 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I truly hop that whoever did this will be brought to justice. They have stolen a great part of your life that cannot be recovered. Regards, Lloyd

#407877 - 09/06/15 02:03 PM Re: Devastated [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

In my region, the crime clearance rate for burglaries has decreased to 16 percent!!! They leave Germany the same day, and international police co-ordination is not efficient.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online