SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#407648 - 09/03/15 06:53 AM How to Deejay on your PSR S970
Bachus Offline

I dont think this ahs been posted here yet.

I think an advanced form of this feature will make it into the T6, or whatever its called, more knobs, more controll, and hopefully a synthworld feature with several virtuall analog synths like we have seen in the reface series.. controlling them with knobs and sliders..

anyway back to the 970, these styles come with a chordprogression, which is a chordsequencer, now i am hoping that you can record those progressions yourself (preferable in real time) and also use this feature with other styles.

And i hope they allow users to create their own deejay styles and not keep this feature strictly available to Yamaha style development only (like they currently do with freeplay styles and session styles)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407669 - 09/03/15 11:00 AM Re: How to Deejay on your PSR S970 [Re: Bachus]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
With new models and upgrades, I hope Yamaha won’t squeeze us old timers out of the market----with higher costs and features that many of us won’t use. The DJ feature is just one. I’ve contributed many $$ over the years to the Yamaha till. Yes, I realize a younger generation needs their musical toys, as well. Hope they get them. I’ll carefully weigh any new features on new models and determine at that time if it’s worth upgrading for. Otherwise, I can be content with the two models I currently have. They “sit and play” just fine.

#407675 - 09/03/15 01:57 PM Re: How to Deejay on your PSR S970 [Re: J. Larry]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: J. Larry
With new models and upgrades, I hope Yamaha won’t squeeze us old timers out of the market----with higher costs and features that many of us won’t use. The DJ feature is just one. I’ve contributed many $$ over the years to the Yamaha till. Yes, I realize a younger generation needs their musical toys, as well. Hope they get them. I’ll carefully weigh any new features on new models and determine at that time if it’s worth upgrading for. Otherwise, I can be content with the two models I currently have. They “sit and play” just fine.

Well, they are trying to catch an audience as broad as possible, and just not everyone needs every feature just as much.... Overhere in europe and i. Asia there are quite a lot of younger arranger players that really like a feature like this..

Having good dance and deejay styles, might give them a stronger position when competing with deejays for wedding gigs and such..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online