SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#407191 - 08/21/15 01:20 PM Re: Pads [Re: ]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I use sequence pad with most of my music. On my Pa900 I have a button which is programed to mute Acc. 1 to 5 leaving Drums, Perc. and Bass.
I use finger cords with my left hand. When I turn off the Acc 1 –5 and add my left and right hand sounds it sounds good, but is less than.
Pad Strings, Horn, Finger Click, Bass Drum, and Latin pads are my favorites.

All 5 pads without the Acc. Sound full, it is not better than the original full styles, it is different. This difference creates variety in the style. When I listen to a band playing, especially when the vocal starts the band changes, the band eliminate some the instruments that are playing.

Using the String pad when playing a ballad adds a great deal to the style. Most of my pads do not cover the original set up. They are only for effect.

EX. When playing a shuffle adding a guitar shuffle pad lifts the style.

I spend 60% of my time creating STS that I want to use, and 40% on the pads. On the KMA the pads only played Hit they did not Sequence; I hated that. Time allowing I will record how I am working without Pads.

John C.

#407232 - 08/22/15 08:49 AM Re: Pads [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

Good to hear i am not the only one thinking the pads are just great, and a wellneeded part of todays arrangers... Espescially the midi pads...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407234 - 08/22/15 08:59 AM Re: Pads [Re: Bachus]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
For me, pads can be used to transform a "general style" more closely into the specific song you are trying to perform.... if there is a certain fill or melodic riff that recurs through a song, pads can be used to help the style replicate the song.... also agree with Bruno - pads can often "lift" a style and help give a more live feel.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#407237 - 08/22/15 10:58 AM Re: Pads [Re: saxxman]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I like the vocal pads on Tyros 4.

Also I like to add drum loops to some styles that need additional rhythm.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online