SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#407226 - 08/22/15 07:39 AM Re: More New PSR-S970 Demos! [Re: Marcus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Marcus
If Yamaha modern dance styles are weak, what arranger or brand should I be looking for?

None. You need a computer with a sequencer and the best VST's there are.

Edited by FransN (08/22/15 07:42 AM)

#407227 - 08/22/15 08:14 AM Re: More New PSR-S970 Demos! [Re: 124]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Gary ... I remember when my parents couldn't listen to our music too ...
dance grin

You know, that's a funny thing, Tony. My dad was a tenor with the London Welsh Male Voice Choir and, much as he hoped I would follow in his footsteps, he never once tried to discourage my 'different' taste in music.

I used to buy all the old Elvis, Little Richard, Fats Domino records and, he could enjoy those even though they were a universe away from the music he was brought up on.

I think that, after all these years, the main reason that I'm open to all kinds of stuff now is a direct result of his own broadness in music.

Not too many kids lucked out with a dad like mine, I guess.

Thats what i try with my kids, whenever we are on the road for longer stretches we create some CDs with half of their choice and half of my choce and play them in the car, discussing our music, its where i try to listen and understand their music, and where they try and listen to my music..

In the end, i learned to appreciate much of the moderne music, like rap, trance and dubbstep while they fearned to appreciate my rock, country, schlager, disco and even classical music..

Edited by Bachus (08/22/15 08:15 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407233 - 08/22/15 08:57 AM Re: More New PSR-S970 Demos! [Re: FransN]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
If Yamaha modern dance styles are weak, what arranger or brand should I be looking for?

I agree, dance music ( modern ) is best served through VST technology. For the average arranger player that relies on their keyboard for voices and various style genres of music, however, the Yamaha product does a pretty good job covering the basic dance category.

If I really needed to prepare for the odd dance song, I could rely on some sampling and create audio multipads before hand. I am not prepare to drag computer gear with me. I agree that perhaps the dance category for most arrangers is the weakest, but comparing the Tyros 5 or the PSR-S970 to other brand arrangers, Yamaha does not have weak dance styles or lack the necessary onboard tools and functions to adequately produce a satisfactory dance song.

Yamaha styles are perhaps the most versatile and no shortage to find the style or style parts you need for your arrangements.

Yamaha's superior output converters, keep the sound alive and clear, even when a full blown busy dance style and other functions are processing at the same time, while some other brand arrangers audio output fades and can muffle the sound. ( A studio sound engineer pointed this out to me ).

Marcus

#407236 - 08/22/15 10:34 AM Re: More New PSR-S970 Demos! [Re: Marcus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN

I agree, dance music ( modern ) is best served through VST technology. For the average arranger player that relies on their keyboard for voices and various style genres of music, however, the Yamaha product does a pretty good job covering the basic dance category.

If I really needed to prepare for the odd dance song, I could rely on some sampling and create audio multipads before hand. I am not prepare to drag computer gear with me. I agree that perhaps the dance category for most arrangers is the weakest, but comparing the Tyros 5 or the PSR-S970 to other brand arrangers, Yamaha does not have weak dance styles or lack the necessary onboard tools and functions to adequately produce a satisfactory dance song.

Yamaha styles are perhaps the most versatile and no shortage to find the style or style parts you need for your arrangements.

Yamaha's superior output converters, keep the sound alive and clear, even when a full blown busy dance style and other functions are processing at the same time, while some other brand arrangers audio output fades and can muffle the sound. ( A studio sound engineer pointed this out to me ).

Marcus

Offcourse, if only for the reason that you can stack like 5 effects spperately on every sound, even on the individuall drumsounds..

Ableton live is just great for creating and playing dance music in a live situation...

But, then again, as an allround performer, and arranger player, you want to be able to play some of that trance or dubstep using your arranger, when playing weddings or such, as otherwise the deejays will eat your sandwich...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407251 - 08/22/15 01:20 PM Re: More New PSR-S970 Demos! [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: 124
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Gary ... I remember when my parents couldn't listen to our music too ...
dance grin

You know, that's a funny thing, Tony. My dad was a tenor with the London Welsh Male Voice Choir and, much as he hoped I would follow in his footsteps, he never once tried to discourage my 'different' taste in music.
I used to buy all the old Elvis, Little Richard, Fats Domino records and, he could enjoy those even though they were a universe away from the music he was brought up on.
I think that, after all these years, the main reason that I'm open to all kinds of stuff now is a direct result of his own broadness in music.
Not too many kids lucked out with a dad like mine, I guess.

Actually, I mis-spoke about that and did an injustice to my parents in doing so ... My mom had an excellent voice and was singing for her senior club until two months before she passed at the age of 93 ... Any place she and my father went that had a live band - and ALL the clubs had them back then - my father would somehow get the band to ask her up to sing ... I remember in the early 50's Lou Monte http://www.loumonte.com/ would appear at this night club in Staten Island NY - The Miami Club - and whenever my parents went to see him, he would get my mother up to sing ... my sisters also sang well and with our mom we would sing 3 part back up and a lead singer or 4 part harmony to all the top 40 tunes of the mid - to late 50's _ The Platters, The Teenagers, Little Anthony and the Imperials - everybody ... and of course I did all the Elvis tunes ... I absolutely got my interest in music and the music gene from my mom ... and my dad was a great listener ...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online