SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#407128 - 08/20/15 08:24 AM Casio Privia PX360 First Impression
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Well done Casio! Finally, an intuitive easy to use touch screen interface makes getting around on this keyboard easy and fun. The color display lights up beautifully. Everything that was difficult to find and execute on the older models has become so easy to do. I used to have such a hard time remembering the series of buttons I had to push to get to play a sf file or .wav file. But now all I do is push a color icon on the screen and up pops all my tunes to play and when you push the icon picture "monitor" up pops all your midi file tracks to solo or mute.
Pianos, electric pianos, organs are all top quality sounding and Casio has improved all the other voices as well. Yamaha guitars in their DGX650 are still in my opinion better as well as Sax sounds, but overall I'm quite pleased with the new sounds. Brass, Strings, synth sounds, flutes are all very good.
I think almost all the styles have been redone and sound so much better. I really like the styles in the Yamaha DGX650 and thought the older PX350 didn't even come close but this new PX360 is definitely upgraded and the intros and ending are also very much improved. Like the Yamaha, there is one original and a vacation per style with 1 intro and 1 ending.
The size and weight of this keyboard is what really is attractive to many players who must move it around in and out of cars.
The built in speakers sound really good but when you use the stereo outputs into a sound system it only enhances it. You can also turn the internal speakers on and off easily on the touch screen.
Oh that color touch screen! It's a real winner!
(Retired 2021)

#407130 - 08/20/15 08:42 AM Re: Casio Privia PX360 First Impression [Re: George Kaye]
Beakybird Offline

Sounds like a real winner. Thanks for the review! As far as portable digital weighted key pianos, Casio is up there. I was playing my PX350 through the computer with Pianoteq and with some great speakers, and I couldn't believe how gorgeous it sounded.

#407131 - 08/20/15 08:43 AM Re: Casio Privia PX360 First Impression [Re: George Kaye]
Bachus Offline

When it comes to portable pianos with arranger functionallity, i think its the Havian 30 that leads the pack... But nevertheless, i am interested what the 560px has to offer, with its Hex sounds and onboard arpeggiator..

Personally i think most of the DGX sounds and styles are kind of bland, so i am not surprised the Casio performs so well..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407132 - 08/20/15 08:46 AM Re: Casio Privia PX360 First Impression [Re: Beakybird]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird
Sounds like a real winner. Thanks for the review! As far as portable digital weighted key pianos, Casio is up there. I was playing my PX350 through the computer with Pianoteq and with some great speakers, and I couldn't believe how gorgeous it sounded.

Thats where my money is, pianoteq, sounds so great when it comes to piano sounds.. I also use Ivory2, which comes closer to the orriginal grandpiano sounds, but somehow pianoteq is so much more tweakable and fun to play..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online