SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#406453 - 08/05/15 05:27 PM Any Snooker Players here ????
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Would like to get together ....

Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#406524 - 08/06/15 05:38 PM Re: Any Snooker Players here ???? [Re: rphillipchuk]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Ron, yes I would love a frame or two but my cue will not reach that far!!
Incidentally we are talking about the second-best indoor sport!!
Ray dance

#406531 - 08/06/15 10:38 PM Re: Any Snooker Players here ???? [Re: rphillipchuk]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I am more a pool player than snooker but I still enjoy watching a good snooker game. Here is an awesome game.

#406620 - 08/08/15 12:32 PM Re: Any Snooker Players here ???? [Re: The Saint]

Originally Posted By: The Saint
Hi Ron, yes I would love a frame or two but my cue will not reach that far!!
Incidentally we are talking about the second-best indoor sport!!
Ray dance

I will agree about the second-best indoor sport..... The problem I have over here, is that people are intimidated by the snooker balls but if you put out the numbered balls, they are more at home.....

Snooker is a much better game than 8 Ball and such.

What cue are you playing with ? I have a one piece Aurora Cue ( Ash ) 17 Ounce with a 9.8 Tip. One of my better cues forsure.

http://www.auroracues.com/

Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#406621 - 08/08/15 12:42 PM Re: Any Snooker Players here ???? [Re: Nigel]

Originally Posted By: Nigel
I am more a pool player than snooker but I still enjoy watching a good snooker game. Here is an awesome game.

Yes !!!!! Ronnie O'Sullivan is awesome to watch especially when he is in the groove......His "Shape" is incredibly awesome, some of his shot making skills are second to none...

One of our Canadian Masters "Cliff Thorburn" has played him a couple times and said that even he was intimidated by his reputation and skillset . Snooker is not that popular here in Windsor Ontario any more. It used to be..

One of our "Local" Masters knows Cliff well, Cliff has put on a couple clinics here and for being in his late sixties, he can still "stroke" a good cue. I have had the pleasure of spending a couple hours, one and one with him. He still has the touch.

I have enjoyed this conversation,

Thanks
Ron

Edited by rphillipchuk (08/08/15 12:52 PM)

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#406691 - 08/09/15 11:55 PM Re: Any Snooker Players here ???? [Re: rphillipchuk]
The Saint Offline

Hi Ron, I have a one-piece ash cue from about 50 plus years ago, still straight with a 9ml tip. I also have a two-piece one in a case with an 8ml tip. I have trouble playing stun shots with the 8ml tip, (with a tendency to jump the ball) no such problem with the one-piece, it is perfect !! although just a bit long for the 7/8 table I play on.
My dad owned a billiard saloon with 6 tables for 35 years and when I was about 16 I had to act as the Billiard Marker every Saturday morning while my dad got enough sleep after a very late Friday Night when 20 or 30 customers would play cards all night.
In the Over55 village where I live we have a quality 8leg 10ft by 5ft table and a few of the "inmates" have an exciting afternoon every Friday trying to perfect their game.
Incidentally Ron, I have kept my background to myself up to this stage, as although my game is reasonable, after many inactive years I am sure they might expect more of me.
Yes Ron, good to talk about another of my passions.

Ray dance

#406733 - 08/10/15 01:27 PM Re: Any Snooker Players here ???? [Re: The Saint]

Hi Ray

Hopefully I was successful attaching a pic of my table.... The pockets are very tight and the table is very true. I do get a lot of "8 Ball" players who are really good on a Bar table but they really struggle on my table.

It is a 9 ft table ...I really, really wanted a 6 X 12, and probably would have settled for a 5 X 10 but only had enough room for a 9 ft table........ Hence , I wound up with a 9 Ft........... I could have put in the 10 ft but I would have some spots where I had to use a shorter Cue and I always hated playing this way

I really do enjoy the game.... I wish that you were a just a little bit closer , I think that we could probably feed off each other.

Ron

Attachments
table.jpg

Edited by rphillipchuk (08/10/15 01:41 PM)

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#406759 - 08/10/15 05:31 PM Re: Any Snooker Players here ???? [Re: rphillipchuk]
The Saint Offline

Nice setup Ron. My son-in-law has a 9ft table which is ok for 8 ball but the 10 by 5 is just that bit better for snooker, but if you have limited space you have to go with what you have got.
My real love is billiards but it is hard to find any competition.
Keep potting.
Ray

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online