SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#406650 - 08/09/15 09:11 AM SD7 Gig Movie
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
This is a very short movie of some of my gig on Saturday. First, it was recorded with my wife's Iphone 5. Listen with head phones and it sounds pretty nice overall. This was a really weird gig. Notice the seats are empty! The AD wanted to try an early morning Saturday time and only 2 people came- usually it is at least 3/4 full. I think the most notable part of this is the sound I am getting from the SD7 using my Bose L1 Compact speaker. You can see the setup on the first clip. I hope to get more videos later with a better recording setup.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/d7sRy3Pz/Aug.html

Deane

#406651 - 08/09/15 09:18 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

hi deane...thanx for sharing your gig video with us....
2 questions why standing? & why no bose compact extensions?.....
glad to see your singing now get up on that mic and give em hell!!!....
hope you do it more and more at each gig you'll feel more comfy every time for sure...

keep em coming

dp

#406653 - 08/09/15 09:26 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Donny,
I use this setup on gigs when I play two different locations in the same building back to back. I often play two one-hour gigs this way. With this setup all I have to do is unplug from the wall and roll to the next location.

Deane

#406654 - 08/09/15 09:29 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Same questions as Donny. You really DO need those extensions, and from my experience they make a huge difference in projecting those mid range sounds and separating the overall system sounds. Glad to see you sang as well. You need to do it more, though.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406655 - 08/09/15 09:35 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Great work Deane! Thanks for sharing! Nice sound all around! SD7 sounds great too!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#406661 - 08/09/15 10:39 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Your singing sounded really good Deane. You were selling yourself short by not singing. Keep up the good work.

Joe

#406665 - 08/09/15 11:34 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
Donny,
I use this setup on gigs when I play two different locations in the same building back to back. I often play two one-hour gigs this way. With this setup all I have to do is unplug from the wall and roll to the next location.
Deane

Deanne ... that's a good set up for back to back gigs in the same location ...
As I mentioned in one of Colin's threads, I always stand for 1 hour gigs ... just prefer it that way ...

Maybe when I become an old fart I'll sit when I play ...

JUST KIDDING, DONNY ... JUST KIDDING laugh2

#406667 - 08/09/15 11:54 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: hammer
Donny,
Deane

Deanne ... that's a good set up for back to back gigs in the same location ...
As I mentioned in one of Colin's threads, I always stand for 1 hour gigs ... just prefer it that way ...

Maybe when I become an old fart I'll sit when I play ...

JUST KIDDING, DONNY ... JUST KIDDING laugh2

Body movement while playing grooving & movin', etc,.. at this age is scary eek2 ...video tape your performance standing vs sitting see what you think...I'll take the latter just so much more comfy,...you don't play a piano standing do you?
unless your Jerry Lee .. wink

#406673 - 08/09/15 02:11 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Donny ... no I'm NOT Jerry Lee ... but I'm also not playing a piano ...
"Enjoy what you play HOWEVER you play it" keys

#406675 - 08/09/15 04:13 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Tony I stood for too many years on stage .... My bad ankles will back me up years later .. Lol

#406677 - 08/09/15 04:15 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I thinking standing looks better to the audience, and allows a little more movement and expression, but I have seven foot switches to handle, or footle that is.
Also I routinely play 4 hours plus every night.

#406681 - 08/09/15 04:43 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I sit and stand every gig ... I stand until the Sciatica kicks in, then I perch on a high stool for a while ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#406684 - 08/09/15 05:54 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: Jerry T]
tony mads usa Offline

Jerry ... for longer gigs I also have my 'Throne' seat set high so I can 'sit' when I want to ...

#406810 - 08/11/15 08:49 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Same questions as Donny. You really DO need those extensions, and from my experience they make a huge difference in projecting those mid range sounds and separating the overall system sounds. Glad to see you sang as well. You need to do it more, though.

Gary cool

I disagree - the extensions are great most times, but there are lots of times when I just need a little push, and one is plenty. You have to use your ears at each venue and not read the manual all the time. In most situations, the extra coverage is great, but I am currently using the Compact in its shorter stature to better fill the room I'm in. This set up in this room ... just works.

I'm also a fan of standing while performing - better stage presence and easier for me to sing.

#406834 - 08/11/15 08:49 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: Uncle Dave]
hammer Offline

You know Dave, I have used my Bose L1 Compact in all of it's possible configurations and for the life of me, I just don't hear enough difference to worry about it. The only times I think it does make a difference is in a large room - where the full extensions are needed for full room coverage. I know what Bose has to say about the science of it but I just have not had a problem with any of the configurations I have used in the rooms I play. As for standing. I stand only in cases where I have to move to another room in the same building for double gigs where I use the setup shown in the videos. All other gigs I sit.

Deane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online